Backend Tech Lead for brand-new professional social network
About the customer
Our customer is a promising US-based startup. The product is a recruiting platform that uses Artificial Intelligence and a vast network of members who refer passive candidates that are personally known to them and verify that they are qualified and interested in your job.
About the project
Hiring Managers would always prefer to hire by referral, and there is no effective, scalable way to do so outside of existing employees.
The platform makes it simple, easy, and financially rewarding for everyone to recommend the perfect colleague from their own personal and professional network for the perfect job. Our AI-powered app, vast and enriched membership database means that hiring managers quickly get a curated list of best match candidates who have been personally recommended and verified to be qualified and interested in the position.
About the team
There are 2 team-members in the US-based in-house team, and now they want to expand it with Brightgrove’s remote team of 3 professionals that we’re assembling in our modern R&D office in Kyiv or Kharkiv. All your future teammates are true professionals that maintain a healthy and friendly working atmosphere.
Your primary focus, as a Tech Lead, will be on developing and decision making. You also will communicate with the rest of the team (US and Ukraine) working on creating the new product. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the quality of the product are important.
A Detailed List of Responsibilities:
- Act as a Tech Lead for the team and as an advisor for the client
- Architecture design and building
- To build the product from scratch (the main task for the first half of the year is to create an MVP)
- Discuss business and technical/architectural solutions
- Create new technical solutions
- Build infrastructure for the new project from scratch
- Translate complex functional, technical and business requirements into architectural designs
- Leading Code Standards and Development Engineers quality
- Hiring, on-boarding, mentoring and supervising team members
- You gained at least 6 years of proven experience in web development
- You have vast experience with Node.js
- You possess knowledge of any modern FrontEnd framework (such as React, Angular or Vue)
- You are experienced in working with PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- You know what VCS to choose and why
- Experience in large-scale data processing and/or Search systems (Apache Spark, ElasticSearch)
- You speak English fluently
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience as a FullStack Engineer
- Mentoring experience
Brightgrove is an industry-leading software development company with offices in Kyiv, Kharkiv, and Minsk. We build award-winning products that bring significant value, real results, and help our customers from a variety of industries to grow their businesses.
Our team currently consists of more than 350 people across different areas, passionate about technologies and software products. Although we work as multiple teams, use different platforms and languages, we all share the same goals and ideas of how to build things. We are a human-driven company!
What You Get With Us:
- Professional and career growth
- Warm and friendly working environment
- Comfortable and cozy office in the city center
- No corporate BS – we move too fast for that
- Competitive compensation depending on your experience and skills
- Opportunities to travel internationally and between our offices
- A chance to work with the latest modern technologies
- You’ll work with the remarkable teams from all over the world
- Working hours are flexible as long as you get the work done
- Awesome corporate culture and team building events
At Brightgrove, every expert is valued, involved, and essential for each part of our company. As with wine, great software is created by great people.