Data Scientist for World-class Music App
About the customer
Our client is a music technology company focused on streamlining the incredibly complicated process of creating a song, sharing it with the world and ultimately getting paid and getting credit for it. They work closely with music professionals all over the world to design tools and technology.
About the project
There are a couple of projects.
One of them is the world’s first web-based project management platform for the music industry. It includes file storage, scheduling, product and contact management – all in one place.
The second one is the first mobile suite of collaborative apps built specially for the music industry. The apps fit seamlessly into the creative process without disrupting the “vibe,” so all concepts are captured when inspiration strikes and credits are locked in at the point creation.
These tools work together to break down the barriers to create and bring money and credits closer to the hands of creatives.
About the team
A team is a diverse group of music creators, business nerds, and tech experts.
- Partner closely with stakeholders to identify high-impact applications of data to solve meaningful business problems
- Identify, mine, and analyze medium and large size datasets to unearth insights that drive new business value for clients
- Develop robust statistical and machine learning models and implement processes to evaluate, automate and improve model performance
- Lead efforts with various functions to test, deploy and iterate on data science solutions
- Build, execute, and evaluate A/B tests
- Manage the progress of projects by tracking activity, resolving issues, and recommending actions
- Provide senior management and project management with regular updates on deliverable timeline and project status
- Analyzes data and collaborate with leadership and technical teams to identify potential insights to drive decision making
- Responds proactively to both business and project issues and escalates appropriately
- Train other team members in the area of expertise
- Provide feedback to improve the quality of data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy, and legitimacy of data (e.g. this could involve cross-checking of different sources and validating the correlation between them)
- Proven track record of 3-5 years of continuous experience in the development and implementation of data solutions
- Experience supporting the entire software development and implementation lifecycle; work on multiple streams simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills; comfort and competence in dealing with various levels of the organization
- Ability to interface with multiple constituent groups and build sustainable relationships
- Ability to work with onshore and offshore developers for solution implementation
- Work well independently and be a team player
- Strong, effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong analytical, problem solving and data mining skills
- Ability to prioritize, work to deadlines, work under pressure
- Results oriented, flexible, adaptable
- Versatile, creative temperament, ability to think out-of-the-box while defining a sound and practical solutions
- Ability to master new skills
- Proactive approach to problem-solving with effective influencing skills
Brightgrove is an industry-leading software company with offices in Kyiv, Kharkiv, and Minsk. We build award-winning products that bring significant value, generate an inspiring result, and help our clients succeed. Our key industries include Retail, Manufacturing, Energy, ISV & Marketing Agencies, Medicine, Online TV broadcasting and many more.
Our development team currently counts more than 350 people across different accounts, organized around technologies and products. Although we work in multiple teams, on different platforms, and in various languages, we all share the same goal and idea of how to build things.
What You Get with Us:
- Very warm and friendly working environment
- Professional and career growth
- No corporate BS – we’re moving too fast for that
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Opportunities to travel international and between our offices
- Working with the latest technologies
- Good opportunities to work with remarkable teams from all over the world
- Flexible working hours – as long as you get the work done
- Comfortable and cozy office in the city center
- Awesome corporate events
At Brightgrove developers are integrated, involved, and essential to each part of our company. As with wine, great software is created by great people.