FrontEnd Developer for Analytic Management Software
About the customer
Our customer is innovating US-based company with exciting expertise in big data, analytics, and software development that established a new category of software called Analytic Management. Client provides the only active analytic catalog for data analysts, data engineers, data scientists, and business users, enabling them to interact with their data and analytic code in a whole new way.
We’re a naturally curious team that loves working together. We’re dedicated to our customers, building an analytic management movement together, which will be the key to how businesses win in the future.
About the project
We have a mature and evolving system for DevOps using Git, Nexus, Jenkins, Maven, and Junit. These integrate with our data center and cloud infrastructural through Cloudbreak and Cloudera Director to provision Hadoop clusters on-demand for automated testing.
Our software deeply integrates with and leverages some of the hottest components of the big data and analytics space such as Spark, Hive, Tez, Sqoop and others.
About the team
The whole development team of 28 people is concentrated in our Kharkiv office. The team consists of Java, Scala, JS, .Net, SQL Developers and QA Engineers. All developers are highly qualified, 70% of the team are Seniors.
We seek an experienced frontend engineer for our development team. Your primary focus will be on developing user interface components and implementing well-known React.js workflows in our single page application. You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and a quality product are important.
- Communicating with all involved parties (product, deployment, backend teams)
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js
- Integrating front-end with backend APIs
- Implementing security and data protection on the frontend
- Writing secure, reusable, testable and efficient code
- Identifying the most critical UI pieces and care about test coverage for those
- Writing unit tests
- Strong foundational Computer Science skills (understanding of data structures, algorithm complexities, etc)
- Thorough understanding of React.js, its core principles and key ecosystem components (Mobx, Redux, saga, thunk etc.)
- Proficiency in unit tests writing, code coverage tools
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Decent knowledge and experience with GIT
- Ability to share and accept technical feedback
- Familiarity with RESTful / JSON RPC APIs
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Intermediate English
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience as a backend developer
- Experience with Electron.js
- Experience building enterprise scale applications
Brightgrove is an industry-leading software company with offices in Kyiv, Kharkiv, and Minsk. We build award-winning products that bring significant value, generate an inspiring result, and help our clients succeed. Our key industries include Retail, Manufacturing, Energy, ISV & Marketing Agencies, Medicine, Online TV broadcasting and many more.
Our development team currently counts more than 350 people across different accounts, organized around technologies and products. Although we work in multiple teams, on different platforms, and in various languages, we all share the same goal and idea of how to build things.
What You Get with Us:
- Very warm and friendly working environment
- Professional and career growth
- No corporate BS – we’re moving too fast for that
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Opportunities to travel international and between our offices
- Working with the latest technologies
- Good opportunities to work with remarkable teams from all over the world
- Flexible working hours – as long as you get the work done
- Comfortable and cozy office in the city center
- Awesome corporate events
At Brightgrove developers are integrated, involved, and essential to each part of our company. As with wine, great software is created by great people.