Middle Android Developer for a Leading Global Kitchenware Manufacturer
About the Client
Our client is a leading global supplier of high-quality products for the modern kitchen-living room based in Germany. For over 285 years, our client has offered premium products that enhance the lives of professional and home chefs worldwide. Since its start as an esteemed cutlery brand, the company has grown to include a coveted collection of cookware, flatware, glassware, and kitchen gadgets. Tradition, quality, innovation, and craftsmanship are their ingredients for success.
Today, Our client is an international industry leader that sells products in 100 countries. As a company and the employer, our client is characterized by strong innovative strength, entrepreneurial foresight, global work, and respectful interaction with one another. Outstanding quality, excellent design, and exceptional durability – these are the demands of their products.
About the Project
We have an old app that is focused on fresh and safe food storage. This app is built on IONIC, but now we want to write a new app for iOS and Android devices using modern technology. The project will have a lot of networking and interaction with Bluetooth.
3 main features:
- Marketplace with the company’s products (blenders, meat grinders, refrigerators, etc.).
- A cooking section with recipes. The company offers a set of recipes that can be implemented using the items from point 1.
- Controlling Bluetooth devices from point 1. Some devices (blenders, kettles) have a BLE module, which you can connect and select operating modes.
About the Team
The current team consists of 1 Mobile developer and the PO on the customer’s side, and we plan to expand on the Ukrainian side. Now, we are looking for Mobile (iOS, Android) developers, Salesforce developers, and DevOps engineers, who will be work on the new app. If you ever dreamed of working on an innovative and genuinely impactful project, this job is just for you! We crave to extend our team with a professional who is passionate about coding and would care about the success of this project, in particular.
Responsibilities and Skills
- Contribution to the development of the mobile applications
- Build infrastructure for the new project from scratch, implement changes to the existing projects
- Participate in all aspects of software development, from design to implementation to verification
- Build new features together with the client according to business requirements
- Work in a team with other Android developers, and iOS developers
- Communicate with the customer
- 3+ years of work experience as an Android developer
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Сonfident knowledge of development patterns
- Java and Kotlin programming skills
- Experience with a version control system (Git)
- Understanding of common principles and modern trends in android development
- Understanding of Bluetooth technology
- Upper-Intermediate level of English
As a big plus:
- Experience with Bluetooth