Middle Android Developer for Online TV Streaming Giant
About the Client
Founded in 2013, our client is a hugely popular, cutting-edge online streaming television company from California. This free broadcasting service provides millions of viewers with more than 100 exclusive live and original channels that users won’t find on local TV. The content is full of TV shows of all kinds, premium news, on-demand movies, cartoons, viral videos, sports, lifestyle and trending digital series. In a nutshell, there is literally everything you’d like to see on your screen – hand-picked by people who know and love the entertainment industry.
More so, they offer a free app that runs seamlessly on multiple mobile, web and various connected TV streaming devices. Well-known online giants The Verge, Venture Beat, and Vibe declared our customer as ‘awesome’. So, we can say for sure that our client is redefining the future of television.
About the Project
Our client is led by a seasoned team of entrepreneurs, TV and technology executives, and top-of-class team members.$43M+ funding with investors like US Venture Partners, Sky, Chicago Ventures, Universal Music Group, United Talent Agency, and Pritzker Group. Top app with millions of users across platforms like web, iOS, Android, Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Vizio, Samsung, and more.
One of the hottest startups in Los Angeles and one of the leading video platforms in the industry -often covered in NY Times, Forbes, Techcrunch, Variety, USA Today, CNN, Mashable and more!
High energy culture. Passionate entrepreneurial team. Massive market. Employing the best of the best in the industry. We’re building the future of television.
About the Team
Our team is led by some of the best entrepreneurs and executives in media and technology. Our Executive Chairman was the Chief Content Officer of Spotify. Our co-founder and CEO was the CEO of Threadless and board member of Trunk Club and Smule. Our principal architect built the first Roku for Netflix. You’ll be joining a world-class startup team, with multiple exits under their belt, to build the future of television.
Our team solves business and technology problems. We run many experiments. We iterate on successful tests and turn them into products. We deploy those products across our apps to millions of users. We obsess over data. We run a lean, agile, vegan, non-GMO, all organic development process. Our team is aligned with company goals and KPIs. We have autonomy on how to solve problems. We bring out the entrepreneur in every engineer. We work together to build the future of TV.
Responsibilities and Skills
Your primary focus, as a Middle Android Developer, will be on developing. You also will communicate with the rest of the team (US and Ukraine) working on creating the new functionality and maintaining the existing one. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality are important.
Detailed list of responsibilities:
- Discuss business and technical/architectural solutions
- Build new features together with the client according to business requirements
- Build infrastructure for the new project from scratch, implement changes to the existing projects
- Translate complex functional, technical and business requirements into architectural designs
- Communicate with the customer
- Strong technical design skills
- Expert understanding and ability to implement advanced data structures
- Good understanding of the Android platform
- Сonfident knowledge of development patterns
- Solid Java programming skills
- Experience with Git version control system
- Familiar with both Backend and FrontEnd development
- Understanding of common principles and modern trends in Android development
- Development experience for mobile phones, tablets, Android TV, Chromecast, etc.
Good to have: