Middle Data Engineer for Global Hotel Solution Provider
About the Client
Our partner is a well-established, leading hospitality solutions brand from Germany with a worldwide network. Being one of the global market giants in the business of the travel industry, the company provides various top-grade hotel management portals. Their solutions simplify the booking and management processes equally for corporations, travel managers, and travelers.
About the Project
The project’s main goal is to refactor an existing middle-tier service layer towards a modern cloud-based solution. You’re going to work in a distributed team alongside world-class software architects, developers, and subject matter experts. The team is going to shape and implement the technological renovation of one of the top ecosystems in the domain of private and corporate travel and hospitality.
- Design principles – Microservices, Domain-Driven Design (DDD)
- Build – Maven, Gradle, Git, GitHub, Jenkins, Gerrit
- Environments – Wildfly, Tomcat, Linux, CentOS
- Logging – Grafana, Prometheus, Rollbar, Cloudwatch, AWS CloudTrail
- Environments and tools – IntelliJ, UML, JIRA, Confluence, Checkstyle, Findbugs, ESLint, jest, PMD
About the Team
Be among the first who are going to join our modern development center in Kyiv!
Our globally distributed team is responsible for turning data into insights, services, and products for one of the leaders in the hospitality and travel domain. Around 50 Data Specialists (Analysts, Scientists, and Engineers) work together to create solutions that ultimately serve millions of travelers worldwide.
We leverage the rich data landscape (spend data, booking data, rate data, web analytics data, etc.) to enable business stakeholders and customers with advanced analytical solutions, and provide information on travelers’ behavior, and lodging market. We also bring state-of-the-art algorithms in production to enhance Search & Booking experience (with personalized recommendations) and optimize the corporate hotel portfolio to meet both the requirements of the customers and the needs of the travelers.
You’ll use state-of-art technologies to develop an innovative data landscape for driving the business with up-to-date and real-time analytical solutions coupled.
- Create new data services in collaboration with product owners, peers, and other stakeholders
- Be up to speed in our AWS cloud-based environment, get things done with the help of technologies like Spark, Hadoop, Kinesis, or Elasticsearch
- Take part in the building of data architecture for ingestion, processing, and transferring of data for large-scale applications
- Research and discover new methods to acquire data, and new applications for existing data
- Work with other data team members including data architects, data analysts, and data scientists, product managers, and business stakeholders
- Understanding of what it takes to design, build, and maintain successful data platforms, services, and products
- Hands-on experience in Software Engineering (e.g. programming languages especially Python, Java is a big plus; big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, etc.)
- Practical skills Data modeling and mining, building Data pipelines
- Experience with cloud-based services, preferable AWS (Lambda, SQS, S3, RDS, EC2)
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with business stakeholders, fellow engineers, and management staff
- Upper-Intermediate English is a must
Brightgrove is an industry-leading software company with offices in Kyiv, Kharkiv, and Minsk. We build award-winning products that bring significant value, generate an inspiring result, and help our clients succeed. Our key industries include Retail, Manufacturing, Energy, ISV & Marketing Agencies, Medicine, Online TV broadcasting, and many more.
Our development team currently counts more than 350 people across different accounts, organized around technologies and products. Although we work in multiple teams, on different platforms, and in various languages, we all share the same goal and idea of how to build things.
What You Get with Us:
- Very warm and friendly working environment
- Professional and career growth
- No corporate BS – we’re moving too fast for that
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Opportunities to travel international and between our offices
- Working with the latest technologies
- Excellent opportunities to work with remarkable teams from all over the world
- Flexible working hours – as long as you get the work done
- Comfortable and cozy office in the city center
- Awesome corporate events
At Brightgrove, developers are integrated, involved, and essential to each part of our company. As with wine, great software is created by great people.