Middle FullStack Java Developer for Analytic Management Software
About the Client
Our customer is innovating US-based company with exciting expertise in big data, analytics, and software development that established a new category of software called Analytic Management. Client provides the only active analytic catalog for data analysts, data engineers, data scientists, and business users, enabling them to interact with their data and analytic code in a whole new way.
We’re a naturally curious team that loves working together. We’re dedicated to our customers, building an analytic management movement together, which will be the key to how businesses win in the future.
About the Project
Our team is building a software solution that scales from desktop to enterprise cloud using technologies like Java, Electron, TypeScript, React and Redux using a DDD approach.
We have a mature and evolving system for DevOps using Git, Nexus, Jenkins, Maven, Cypress and Junit. These integrate with our multi-cloud infrastructure using Terraform to provision environments and cloud analytic databases on-demand for automated testing.
Our software deeply integrates with and leverages some of the hottest components of the cloud big data and analytics space such as Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, Azure Synapse, and IBM DB2 Warehouse.
About the Team
The whole development team of 24 people is concentrated in our Kharkiv office. The team consists of Java, Scala, JS, .Net, SQL Developers, QA Engineers and UI/UX Designer. All developers are highly qualified, 70% of the team are Seniors.
Responsibilities and Skills
Your primary focus will be on developing frontend and backend components of our desktop and web applications which provide tooling for enterprise-class data systems both on-prem and in the cloud. Examples include Amazon Redshift, Microsoft Azure Synapse, and Snowflake. You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality are important.
A detailed list of responsibilities:
- Communicating with all involved parties (product, deployment, engineering teams)
- Developing new user-facing features using React
- Integrating front-end with backend APIs
- Extend and support existing backend services written in Java
- Writing secure, reusable, testable and efficient code
- Identifying the most critical pieces and care about test coverage for those
- Writing unit tests
- Participate in stand-ups, code reviews, be a team player
- At least 3 years of experience writing production code (as a Java developer or Full-Stack developer)
- Strong foundational Computer Science skills (understanding of data structures, algorithm complexities, memory management, etc)
- Good problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate the ability to learn new technologies and apply them in practical ways
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as Java or .Net
- Proficiency in unit tests writing – Ability to share and accept technical feedback
- Familiarity with RESTful / JSON RPC APIs
- Decent level of spoken/written English