Middle FullStack Java Developer for Digital Archiving Solutions
About the customer
Our Customer is a company that aspires to stay one step ahead of the trend. They create new ways and have 23 years of experience in document management systems (DMS), enterprise content management and archiving. The client’s product is available with one click and easy to use. Their product benefits companies of all sizes because they help all employees communicate with each other on one level.
About the project
The customers process different kinds of document-based data and the main idea of the product is to help them organize and manage all of those data. The foundation is always the enterprise a content management system called “ELO”. In projects that we do with our customers, we customize the software to our customer’s needs. Usually, that includes automated data processing pipelines, analog to digital conversion (using OCR and smart algorithms). It helps to reduce or eliminate a manual step in business processes, freeing time and money for the core competencies of the business.
We use TeamCity and Docker as our CI-Platform. We loosely do scrum mostly in an iterative way. We do what works best for us and/or our customers. As we get new customers we start from scratch while we, of course, support the code for our existing customers. Most projects are similar but never identical. So is our code.
The client provides long term support to their customers, so there is no end of project or handover to the customer. We also expect you to take responsibility and support your code long term.
About the team
All of your teammates work from different locations within Germany. We are a small Team of 3 Developers and 2 Project Leaders / Consultant. We do cross-functionally within a project so everyone gets what is needed. The whole team do regular code reviews and provide feedback on your code. As we are a small team, there is one Project Lead and the CTO.
The team will be working on a new product. We are developing it in partnership with DATEV for the German public sector, which has a lot of special requirements and processes that are different from how companies work. The specific connectors we are developing are classified and will be communicated in the project. One public standard that the team will implement is “XRechnung”.
- Be a VERY CLEAR communicator – this is the most important skill
- Practical experience in the use of relational database systems, in particular, Postgres and JPA
- Knowledge of Java development ecosystem: IntelliJ IDEA, Gradle, Git. You should already have experience in creating Angular based web frontends
- Be quick learning and understand how things relate to one another
- The product our work is based on (“ELO”) is a fully blows enterprise content management system. You need to learn the ins and outs of that system so you can be productive
Nice to have Skills:
- Frontend development with Angular is a plus
Brightgrove is an industry-leading software company with offices in Kyiv, Kharkiv, and Minsk. We build award-winning products that bring significant value, generate an inspiring result, and help our clients succeed. Our key industries include Retail, Manufacturing, Energy, ISV & Marketing Agencies, Medicine, Online TV broadcasting and many more.
Our development team currently counts more than 350 people across different accounts, organized around technologies and products. Although we work in multiple teams, on different platforms, and in various languages, we all share the same goal and idea of how to build things.
What You Get with Us:
- Very warm and friendly working environment
- Professional and career growth
- No corporate BS – we’re moving too fast for that
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Opportunities to travel international and between our offices
- Working with the latest technologies
- Good opportunities to work with remarkable teams from all over the world
- Flexible working hours – as long as you get the work done
- Comfortable and cozy office in the city center
- Awesome corporate events
At Brightgrove developers are integrated, involved, and essential to each part of our company. As with wine, great software is created by great people.