Middle FullStack JS Developer for AI-Powered Data Tool
About the Client
The company was launched in 2017, founders recognized the importance of accuracy in annotated data for self-driving vehicles to intelligently perceive the road ahead. With the vision to keep passengers and pedestrians safe, they focused on contributing to the qualitative perception and planning of self-driving cars.
With the combination of machine learning algorithms and human intelligence, their idea quickly formed into a fast-growing start-up.
We’ve created algorithmic annotation tooling for the camera, lidar, and sensor fusion data. By introducing the automation engine for data annotation in our product, we deliver unprecedented automation rates cutting costs and accelerating the training and testing of assisted & autonomous driving technology.
About the Project
You will be part of an ambitious team that has fun delivering a market-leading data annotation product to our customers. As a backend engineer, you are responsible for the stability and scalability of our web-based annotation tooling.
Living the principles of an open-minded developer, you will mainly focus on building the underlying cloud services but also help to improve the web application. Tasks range from user management over data intake to metric collection and many more. You are an expert in building a scalable backend system but don’t hesitate to work in the surrounding areas. As a team, we build, ship, and operate our products to make AI accessible.
About the Team
The whole development team consists of 25 developers on the German side and we are looking for DevOps and 2 developers on the Ukrainian side. We use an Agile approach (2 weeks iterations, daily standup meetings, etc).
Our tech stack: .js, .js, Next.js, Express.js, TypeScript, , Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud, Python.
Responsibilities and Skills
- Set up data pipelines, writing services, and automate our business processes
- Make sure that you write clean, well tested, and well-documented code and participate in code-reviews
- Build applications and improve existing services by making the management of our projects more efficient
- 3+ years experience in developing web applications
- Experience with .js, TypeScript, and JS
- Strong eye for finding performance impediments and knowledge to solve them
- Pick up the trash mentality, i.e., you raise concerns over code-quality, technical debt, or lacking test cases and fix problems once you see them
- Practical experience with designing and maintaining large-scalable software systems
- You enjoy working in a team and actively communicating with your colleagues
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- University degree in Computer Science (or similar) or a strong track record of completed projects