Middle FullStack JS Software Engineer for World-famous Fashion Brand
About the Client
Without exaggeration, our partner is one of the biggest and worldwide-famous fashion brands with headquarters in Sweden and dozens of offices all over the globe. It’s a group of uniquedesign and clothing brands united by a passion for making great and modern designs available to everybody.
About the Project
The project itself is inspiring content for shopping. So it’s not just a shop like Zalando, Asos or etc, it’s trends and shop. It’s now 250 brands and half of Mio products.
Goal – Provide access to all relevant products in our customer markets. Starting with female products in Germany. The launching timeline is the end of June. Development process/ tools – agile, 1-2 weekly sprints or Kanban, weekly stand-ups, back-log, Jira, automated testing/ deployment and etc. The product manager will be the main communication managerial point for Tech-lead and the team on our side. We have two connected products Backend Scrapping system with an Admin panel and a Frontend product for customers.
About the Team
The distributed team consists of two units – in Germany and Ukraine. The Head of Engineering is on the German side.
40 people in total on the German side (CTO, 3 developers 1 Backend developer, 2 Frontend developer), PO, designers, marketing team, fashion selection team and etc).
On the Ukrainian side we have one Kanban team 2 people, it will be 5-7 ppl in total in the long-term perspective (2 Backend Senior devs incl Tech-lead, 2-3 more Full-stack devs and 1-2 Frontend dev on later stages).
Responsibilities and Skills
- Create web and mobile infrastructures and build new products and features
- Write maintainable code (SOLID), easy to test and that you are proud of
- Build, maintain, and deploy new and existing functionality to all our environments
- Participate in planning, discussions and business meetings – we need every brain in the office to create the most successful product
- 3+ years of proven professional experience as a FullStack developer (preferably with startup experience)
- Production experience with Node/JS and React (hooks and redux, flow typings)
- Experience and understanding how are microservice works and builds and general – how it should be tested (API Rest, contracts and so on)
- Code refactoring and optimization (principles and approaches)
- Queue processing and handling (RabbitMQ and live queue with clusterization)
- Production experience with databases and designing scalable database infrastructure (NoSQL and SQL-based). (Especially SQL + Sequelize ORM)
- Real experience with big size data migrations between DB’s, validation and integration tests of that process
- Working with GIT workflow
- Web scraping and data feed ingestion and transformation at scale
- Proficient understanding of HTML/CSS and other web technologies
- Deep hands-on experience with CI/CD implementation in Azure, Google or
- You have an eye for clean code and are passionate about testing (BDD, TDD)
- Understanding of unit and integration testing flow and test coverage
- Problem-solving collaborative attitude, not-afraid-of-new-challenges mindset, playful attitude
- English – Upper-Intermediate