Middle Java developer for Analytic Management Software
About the customer
Our customer is innovating US-based company with exciting expertise in big data, analytics, and software development that established a new category of software called Analytic Management. Client provides the only active analytic catalog for data analysts, data engineers, data scientists, and business users, enabling them to interact with their data and analytic code in a whole new way.
We’re a naturally curious team that loves working together. We’re dedicated to our customers, building an analytic management movement together, which will be the key to how businesses win in the future.
About the project
We have a mature and evolving system for DevOps using Git, Nexus, Jenkins, Maven, and Junit. These integrate with our data center and cloud infrastructural through Cloudbreak and Cloudera Director to provision Hadoop clusters on-demand for automated testing.
Our software deeply integrates with and leverages some of the hottest components of the big data and analytics space such as Spark, Hive, Tez, Sqoop and others.
About the team
The whole development team of 10+ people is concentrated in our Kharkiv office. The team consists of Java, Scala, JS, .Net, SQL Developers and QA Engineers. All developers are highly qualified, 70% of the team are Seniors.
We are looking to hire experienced Java developers who want to make the jump to the full-stack developer in a fun and supportive environment. Our client provides a suite of next-generation analytics management tools. Their unique active analytics catalog empowers data analysts, data engineers, and data scientists to find, manage, govern, share and re-use analytics for themselves, teams, and across the enterprise.
- Writing secure, reusable, testable and efficient code
- Extend and support existing Aginity services
- Collaborate with team leads and product management to design, write and test your code
- Participate in stand-ups, code reviews, be a member of a small team of Aginity developers
- BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years writing Java
- Strong foundational Computer Science skills (understanding of data structures, algorithm complexities, etc)
- Experience writing unit tests using Junit
- Good understanding of Git
- SQL knowledge
- Demonstrate the ability to learn new technologies and apply them in practical ways
- A decent level of spoken/written English
- Experience building enterprise-scale applications
- Experience developing applications using Domain-Driven Design (DDD) principles and hexagonal architecture
- Experience working with AWS/Azure environment
- Familiarity with RESTful / JSON RPC APIs
- Experience building frontend applications using React / Redux / Mobx
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Experience with electronjs
Brightgrove is an industry-leading software company with offices in Kyiv, Kharkiv, and Minsk. We build award-winning products that bring significant value, generate an inspiring result, and help our clients succeed. Our key industries include Retail, Manufacturing, Energy, ISV & Marketing Agencies, Medicine, Online TV broadcasting, and many more.
Our development team currently counts more than 350 people across different accounts, organized around technologies and products. Although we work in multiple teams, on different platforms, and in various languages, we all share the same goal and idea of how to build things.
What You Get with Us:
- Very warm and friendly working environment
- Professional and career growth
- No corporate BS – we’re moving too fast for that
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Opportunities to travel international and between our offices
- Working with the latest technologies
- Excellent opportunities to work with remarkable teams from all over the world
- Flexible working hours – as long as you get the work done
- Comfortable and cozy office in the city center
- Awesome corporate events
At Brightgrove, developers are integrated, involved, and essential to each part of our company. As with wine, great software is created by great people.