Middle PHP Developer for Cloud Solution
About the customer
The client is based in Hamburg, Germany. The main business is a highly customizable software for networking foundations, associations, Business associations, and other organizations. The client’s project has grown from a single hand-written software into an innovative cross-linkable communication system and we are proud to link to users around the world together.
The main mission of our customer it remains the same since its foundation: combine the latest technology with elegant design to create an intranet that is loved by its users.
About the project
The project is a plug & play SaaS intranet provider, which based on an AWS server infrastructure and delivers 25 applications that can be managed by the customers. The revenue stream of the project is on the one side the software delivery and on the second side in-app-purchases of the native mobile applications (iOS, Android).
Our mission is to network the fourth sector in Europe. We want to deliver a fully functional cloud-solution to digitize any association, club, NGO, etc. This project is a great project with a high level of responsibility for software stability and data security.
Do you still use Excel spreadsheets and round emails? We do not! This product connects the classic intranet with a social network. With 20 + applications, cover the entire spectrum of your organization and club communication.
Our client is a software manufacturer based in beautiful Hamburg and has made it our mission to support you in the digital organization of your association, association or foundation. For this, we have created an intranet that is loved by its users. It all started with the idea of creating intelligent administration and networking, focusing on data and IT security. Thanks to innovative ideas, we have rethought the administration of networks and developed a tool that creates more transparency and structure and thus provides inspiring internal communication and networking. This product offers you a network for your network! In addition to our free basic version, there are 20 applications that are perfectly tailored to the needs of your organization.
About the team
The whole development team is divided into 2 parts: all the developer’s team is in Ukraine (Kiev) now: Tech Lead&Back-end, Backend developer, Frontend developer and 5 employees in Germany are not related to the development part.
There will be daily standup meetings and one great meeting every week. We follow Agile methodology. The CEO, located in Germany, will travel to Ukraine to hand over the project and discuss the project targets.
- Rewriting current code (plugins/modules/components) to Symfony 4
- Development of RESTful web service for React apps
- Database setup and migration
- Translate complex functional, technical and business requirements into architectural designs
- Communicate with the customer
Move/convert functionality and data from pure PHP to Symfony 4. After – implement new features to all the versions of the app; Bugfixing, UI enhancements, performance fixes. In other words – support the application based on feedback from the customers.
- OOP, PHP 7, MySQL/MariaDB, Doctrine, Git.
- Experience with one of modern frameworks;
- Experience with REST API development;
- Technical and strategic capability to handle bigger projects
- Diligent & responsible work ethic (appropriate documentation, careful testing etc.)
- English Pre-Intermediate
Would be Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience with cloud solutions (DO, AWS), containers (Docker), CI/CD (Gitlab), Symfony 4
- Understanding of what is “Swagger” and how to use it in REST API development
Brightgrove is an industry-leading software development company with offices in Kyiv, Kharkiv, and Minsk. We build award-winning products that bring significant value, real results, and help our customers from a variety of industries to grow their businesses.
Our team currently consists of more than 350 people across different areas, passionate about technologies and software products. Although we work as multiple teams, use different platforms and languages, we all share the same goals and ideas of how to build things. We are a human-driven company!
What You Get With Us:
- Professional and career growth
- Warm and friendly working environment
- Comfortable and cozy office in the city center
- No corporate BS – we move too fast for that
- Competitive compensation depending on your experience and skills
- Opportunities to travel internationally and between our offices
- A chance to work with the latest modern technologies
- You’ll work with the remarkable teams from all over the world
- Working hours are flexible as long as you get the work done
- Awesome corporate culture and team building events
At Brightgrove, every expert is valued, involved, and essential for each part of our company. As with wine, great software is created by great people.