Middle PHP Developer for Digital Solution
About the customer
Our client is a German-based company which develops individual online solutions for big brands and demanding customers. As a service provider with years of experience, they can offer comprehensive and fully coordinated service packages.
For 15 years every project of our client has a goal: to achieve top performance. And because this gets around, the company has been growing continuously since the foundation. With over 50 employees they design and implement individual websites and online platforms that bring their customers closer to the goals.
About the project
PHP team is responsible for handling lots of small projects and some big projects with complex infrastructure. The most important clients are:
- European leading society in clinical microbiology and infectious diseases, the main office is located in Basel, Switzerland. Projects help to be aware of all events, conferences related to society, buy memberships, organize elections and apply for observerships and grants to young scientists. It is the complex project containing a few components like the main site based ob Typo3 8.7, backend tool for office based on Symfony 2.7, Programm Tool based on Zend 1, legacy SOAP service etc. Society has own e-library and Apache SOLR is used for searching through all publications.
- German consulting agency which helps clients in looking for a new job opportunity after dismissal. The client has a few sites and tools like the main site (Typo3), a portal for clients, advisers and office members based on humhub social network kit (Yii2), internet market (Symfony 2.8). The company is presented in Germany and Switzerland offices.
- Network of associations of cement, commercial and precast concrete products.
Our team is supporting several associated web-portals offering Beton construction elements to customers. Web-portals are based on Typo3 CMS, Symfony framework and among the portals there is internet market based on Magento 2.
We Use Best Practices Such as:
- Clean Code
- Design patterns and principles,
- Unit tests
About the team
The team consists of PHP Developers, Project Manager, and Product Owners. Team locates in Kharkiv, Ukraine and Dusseldorf, Germany. Business trips and friendly atmosphere included in the Job Offer.
- Implementing new features and support of existing projects
- Third-party services integration
- New features evaluation and implementation
- Unit test writing
- Direct communication with PO
- Writing documentation
- Standup meetings participation
- PHP experience 2+
- Experience with either Symfony or Typo3
- Solid knowledge about PHP, SQL, HTML, CSS, JS
- Should have knowledge and enthusiasm about Clean Code principles and Test-driven Development
- Strong knowledge in object-oriented design
- Good verbal and writing English
- Yii2, Humhub
- Good understanding of SOLID principles
- Involvement in team processes, all proposals on how to increase the productivity of the team and how to improve development workflow are appreciated
Brightgrove is an industry-leading software development company with offices in Kyiv, Kharkiv, and Minsk. We build award-winning products that bring significant value, real results, and help our customers from a variety of industries to grow their businesses.
Our team currently consists of more than 350 people across different areas, passionate about technologies and software products. Although we work as multiple teams, use different platforms and languages, we all share the same goals and ideas of how to build things. We are a human-driven company!
What You Get With Us:
- Professional and career growth
- Warm and friendly working environment
- Comfortable and cozy office in the city center
- No corporate BS – we move too fast for that
- Competitive compensation depending on your experience and skills
- Opportunities to travel internationally and between our offices
- A chance to work with the latest modern technologies
- You’ll work with the remarkable teams from all over the world
- Working hours are flexible as long as you get the work done
- Awesome corporate culture and team building events
At Brightgrove, every expert is valued, involved, and essential for each part of our company. As with wine, great software is created by great people.