Middle Python Developer for Building Automation Software
About the customer
Based in Germany, our customer is a well-established and government-funded tech company with a wide network of consumers. The company strives to provide the software that enables cloud-based control, processing, and optimization of the data collected from energy systems and Building Automation Technology (BAT).
About the project
The project you’ll work on is the semi-automatic data-driven AI-based energy efficiency optimization tool for non-residential buildings. In other words, it’s a platform for transparent plant operation that offers the secure and minimally invasive connection of the plant’s existing technology to the Internet of Things. This deep building-monitoring solution extracts the raw data from BAT, collects it in specific time-series databases, and enables visualization and further processing, empowering stakeholders or owners to enhance their buildings’ performance by 40%.
Designed for the energy transition industry, the product makes the monitoring, analysis, and control of buildings more efficient, transparent, and manageable. It covers a wide range of technologies and is available to the customers through various interfaces.
About the team
Even as the mature parts of the product has been already successfully developed, deployed, and sold over the last two years, our customer keeps continuously growing and extending their project. Now, we’re growing the team in Ukraine, and in the future, it’s going to be somewhere around 10 people.
Your key tasks for the project will be the development of edge and backend functionality, such as:
- External and internal HTTP APIs
- Communication between backend components
- Internal analytics and monitoring
- Configuring, testing, and deploying new backend components
- Testing of the backend
- 3+ years of professional Python experience (flask, async, and multi-threading)
- Good knowledge of RDBMS (PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Practical skills in containerized deployments (Docker)
- Solid experience in server/infrastructure provisioning (Ansible, Terraform) and containers orchestration (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes)
- Version control systems (Git, GitLab, etc.)
- English level – Intermediate
- Knowledge of message brokers and related (RabbitMQ, Mosquitto, Kafka)
- Some experience with MQTT, AMQP, GRPC, REST protocols
- Understanding of other databases (InfluxDB, Citus, Athena, etc.) and data formats (parquet, etc.)
- Knowledge of CI/CD principles (GitLab)
Brightgrove is an industry-leading software company with offices in Kyiv, Kharkiv, and Minsk. We build award-winning products that bring significant value, generate an inspiring result, and help our clients succeed. Our key industries include Retail, Manufacturing, Energy, ISV & Marketing Agencies, Medicine, Online TV broadcasting, and more.
Our development team currently counts more than 350 people across different accounts, organized around technologies and products. Although we work in multiple teams, on different platforms, and in various languages, we all share the same goal and idea of how to build things.
What You Get with Us:
- Very warm and friendly working environment
- Professional and career growth
- No corporate BS – we’re moving too fast for that
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Opportunities to travel international and between our offices
- Working with the latest technologies
- Good opportunities to work with remarkable teams from all over the world
- Flexible working hours – as long as you get the work done
- Comfortable and cozy office in the city center
- Awesome corporate events
At Brightgrove, developers are integrated, involved, and essential to each part of our company. As with wine, great software is created by great people.