Middle QA Engineer for Analytic Management Software
About the Client
Our customer is innovating US-based company with exciting expertise in big data, analytics, and software development that established a new category of software called Analytic Management. Client provides the only active analytic catalog for data analysts, data engineers, data scientists, and business users, enabling them to interact with their data and analytic code in a whole new way.
We’re a naturally curious team that loves working together. We’re dedicated to our customers, building an analytic management movement together, which will be the key to how businesses win in the future.
About the Project
Our software deeply integrates with and leverages some of the hottest components of the big data and analytics ecosystem such as Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, and Microsoft Synapse. We’re an upstart player in the emerging “Modern Data Stack” space. Our tech stack includes Java, TypeScript, Kubernetes ElasticSearch, Redis, and frameworks like Electron, React, Cypress among others. We have a mature and evolving system for DevOps using GitLab, Jenkins, Docker, Nexus, Maven, and Junit. These integrate with our cloud infrastructure for build and test at AWS, Azure, and GCP.
About the Team
100% of the development is done by the team in our Kharkiv office. The team consists of 28 Java, JS, and QA Engineers. All developers are highly qualified, 70% of the team are Seniors.
Responsibilities and Skills
Your primary focus will be on manual testing of our desktop and web applications which provide tooling for enterprise-class data systems both on-prem and in the cloud. Examples include Amazon Redshift, Microsoft Azure Data Warehouse, and Pivotal Greenplum. You will also coordinate with the rest of the engineering team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality are important.
A detailed list of responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain test cases, test data, SQL validation scripts
- Estimate, prioritize and plan testing activities
- Identify, document and track bugs
- Conduct thorough regression testing when bugs are fixed
- Identify software testing risks and escalate potential quality issues to management
- BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- A good understanding of Git is preferable
- Expertise in database testing including designing and manipulating test data
- Hands-on experience with Rest API testing
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
Nice to have Skills:
- Hands-on experience with Docker