Middle Ruby FullStack Developer for Online Property Management
About the customer
Our customer is an online platform that helps landlords find and screen tenants, sign leases, and collect rent. The company was founded in 2012 and based in Chicago. It has been recognized as a fast-growing startup in multiple business publications in the past few years.
Today, 70,000 landlords use this service because it’s the only end-to-end platform that helps you scale from beginner to professional with tools, support, and education.
About the project
The platform provides the tools and guidance that help landlords and tenants manage their rentals: finding tenants, screening tenants, creating a legally binding lease for tenants to sign, collecting rent online, and managing ongoing maintenance requests from tenants. This service makes it easier for property owners to expand their rental property portfolio and boost their income stream.
About the team
The team on the customer’s side: Engineering Manager, 2 Lead Developers, and 2 Junior Developers. On our side: Ruby Developer. The engineering manager is ultimately responsible for code reviews and deployments. Now it’s a fast-growing team that recently raised a round of funding to help grow the team and user engagement.
- Writing backend code
- Participation in implement consumer-facing web interfaces
- Be an advocate for good, clean, well-documented and performance code
- Directly communicating with other teammates and the customer
- Provide thoughtful solutions to complex scaling and performance issues
- 3+ years of professional Ruby on Rails experience
- Some experience with React, Redux, styled-components, design patterns
- Good knowledge PostgreSQL, Redis
- English: Intermediate
Brightgrove is an industry-leading software development company with offices in Kyiv, Kharkiv, and Minsk. We build award-winning products that bring significant value, real results, and help our customers from a variety of industries to grow their businesses.
Our team currently consists of more than 350 people across different areas, passionate about technologies and software products. Although we work as multiple teams, use different platforms and languages, we all share the same goals and ideas of how to build things. We are a human-driven company!
What You Get With Us:
- Professional and career growth
- Warm and friendly working environment
- Comfortable and cozy office in the city center
- No corporate BS – we move too fast for that
- Competitive compensation depending on your experience and skills
- Opportunities to travel internationally and between our offices
- A chance to work with the latest modern technologies
- You’ll work with the remarkable teams from all over the world
- Working hours are flexible as long as you get the work done
- Awesome corporate culture and team building events
At Brightgrove, every expert is valued, involved, and essential for each part of our company. As with wine, great software is created by great people.