Odoo Developer for E-Commerce Solution
About the customer
Our partner is a Europe-wide e-commerce and retail company with HQ in Germany. They’re becoming #1 online distributor of racking systems in Austria, Germany, and Switzerland. Their focus is on heavy-duty shelving, storage technology, and office furniture, along with logistics services. The company’s website has 2000 users daily (B2B only), and a list of 50.000 articles in their shop system, which grows rapidly.
About the project
The customer’s company grows fast, and the client wants to implement many various projects on their web platform. The main goal is migrating from a legacy system to full Odoo V12 integration for the entire company’s organizational structure (Sales, Purchasing, Warehouse, Finances, Invoicing, HR & more).
The project communication protocol follows Agile Workflow supported by JIRA (2-week-sprints), including dailies, sprint planning/reviews, standups, and weeklies.
About the team
Our partner’s development team is distributed, and now they’re looking to extend it with Brightgrove’s experts who are going to work from our R&D office in Kyiv. Particularly, we’re looking for Odoo Developer to support the project’s business extension, spin-offs, and improve currently existing products. We need a professional who is ready to analyze the customer’s existing webshop architecture, work with OXID-system, and prepare recommendations on how to grow and enlarge the team in the future.
There are already 2 PHP and 1 Front-end developers working on this project in our Kyiv office. The C-level, design, product, and development experts are on the German side. A friendly working atmosphere and team spirit are granted. There is a strong possibility of business trips to Germany 2-3 times a year.
Current overall team size: 3 developers, 2 product owners, 1 QA engineer, 1 external agency that provides engineering guidance.
Your main stack and tasks:
- Python, XML, HTML/QWeb, JS (also preferably PHP for shop interface development)
- Diverse (small/big) development to Odoo instances to fit stakeholders’ needs
Secondary stack and tasks:
- PHP, HTML/CSS
- Support the existing shop development team in Kyiv with guidance and suggestions on architectural solutions.
- Extensive experience with Odoo
- Python, XML, HTML/QWeb, JS, PHP
- Solid knowledge of the Agile development methodology and best practices
- Intermediate English
- Ability to be a proactive team player and a quick learner
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-organizational and time management skills
Brightgrove is an industry-leading software company with offices in Kyiv, Kharkiv, and Minsk. We build award-winning products that bring significant value, generate an inspiring result, and help our clients succeed. Our key industries include Retail, Manufacturing, Energy, ISV & Marketing Agencies, Medicine, Online TV broadcasting, and many more.
Our development team currently counts more than 350 people across different accounts, organized around technologies and products. Although we work in multiple teams, on different platforms, and in various languages, we all share the same goal and idea of how to build things.
What You Get with Us:
- Very warm and friendly working environment
- Professional and career growth
- No corporate BS – we’re moving too fast for that
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Opportunities to travel international and between our offices
- Working with the latest technologies
- Excellent opportunities to work with remarkable teams from all over the world
- Flexible working hours – as long as you get the work done
- Comfortable and cozy office in the city center
- Awesome corporate events
At Brightgrove, developers are integrated, involved, and essential to each part of our company. As with wine, great software is created by great people.