PHP Team Lead for Online Education Platform
About the customer
The client is German start-up which is going to be first completely online driving school in Europe. The main goal is to provide high quality theoretical and practical education for students with the use of mobile applications and minimal efforts in communication between driving schools, driving instructors and students. At this moment the client has 6 schools in west part of Germany.
About the project
The client core system is built with Symfony3 and has a set of mobile applications to work with. The system provides registration via package purchase. Once a student is registered he can start booking his theoretical and practical lessons as well as simulator lessons in a school. Driving lessons are planned to be fully managed via online booking with pickup points. Two mobile applications for Android and iOS provide same user experience as on website to manage education process from first theory lesson till receiving a driving license.
About the team
The whole development team is located in Ukraine (Kharkiv) and has back-end, front-end developers for core web system, mobile developers for iOS and Android and QA team. Product owner and managers are located in Berlin and Cologne (Germany) and visit Kharkiv quite often to brainstorm and to plan development cycles. We follow Scrum methodology with 2-week sprints. Each team member can easily communicate with his own expertise area manager directly.
- Discuss business and technical/architectural solutions
- New features evaluation and estimation
- Build new features together with the client according to business requirements
- Integration with third-party services, bug fixing, code review
- Manage staging and production environments which include Heroku, Amazon, Clodflare etc.
- Communicate with the customer
- At least 7 years of experience
- Strong Backend development experience
- Experience with Heroku/Amazon AWS/Google Cloud
- Good knowledge of Linux system as main server OS
- Strong Frontend development experience (ideally for web and mobile)
- React, UI design experience (web and mobile)
- Experience with Unit testing of PHP with PHPUnit
- Experience in continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Experience of use of Grunt/Gulp/Webpack task runners
- Smart, passionate person with a high awareness for delivering good quality
Nice to Have Skills:
- Ability to write functional tests with CaperJS+PhantomJS
Brightgrove is an industry-leading software company with offices in Kyiv, Kharkiv, and Minsk. We build award-winning products that bring significant value, generate an inspiring result, and help our clients succeed. Our key industries include Retail, Manufacturing, Energy, ISV & Marketing Agencies, Medicine, Online TV broadcasting and many more.
Our development team currently counts more than 300 people across different accounts, organized around technologies and products. Although we work in multiple teams, on different platforms, and in various languages, we all share the same goal and idea of how to build things.
What You Get with Us:
- Very warm and friendly working environment
- Professional and career growth
- No corporate BS – we’re moving too fast for that
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Opportunities to travel international and between our offices
- Working with the latest technologies
- Good opportunities to work with remarkable teams from all over the world
- Flexible working hours – as long as you get the work done
- Comfortable and cozy office in the city center
- Awesome corporate events
At Brightgrove developers are integrated, involved, and essential to each part of our company. As with wine, great software is created by great people.