QA Engineer for WordPress and Web Development Department
About the customer
CrispWP is an internal division and independent marketing brand of Brightgrove. Our primary focus is the creation of modern websites based on the WordPress ecosystem, as well as generic web and plugin development.
We work with well-known advertising and design companies located all over the world. Our clients are mostly not the final customers but professionals in the development and marketing fields with a clear vision of how to build modern and attractive sites. Our responsibility is the technical implementation of their vision.
Unlike most companies that rely on ready-made themes and components of WordPress to offer a quick and simple solution – we do something bigger, special, which we’re proud of. We do develop the sites from scratch rather than “assemble” them.
About the project
The major difference between CrispWP and other IT companies – we focus on the specific type of clients. We do not work with end-customers, clients from marketplaces, or resellers. We support a set of well-established international marketing and advertising agencies and software development companies. They’re tech-savvy and know what they want and how sites are created. They have the mindset which is good to work with.
Due to this, we focus on the technical implementation of our partners’ ideas without complicated communication issues. We do projects for different domains (like finances, e-commerce, real estate, healthcare, and more), and this is cool because you can see how everything works in different businesses. So, we do custom-tailored “development and programming” of projects rather than configuring them using ready-made solutions.
We establish a quick and reliable process to make our lives easier and our clients happier. Agile. Git. Code style standards. Continuous integration. Jenkins for deployments. We use all tools and the best industry practices for full-fledged project development.
About the team
We constantly grow, and the size of our team is almost optimal for us today. Almost – because we’re looking for you. And we’ll be glad to welcome you as part of our CrispWP team!
Our great team is big enough to use mature processes and work for reputable customers. We are small enough to remain flexible, have room for agility, and skip all bureaucracy and multi-level management and decision making.
In a nutshell, we are an excellent place to work and build something good. We believe in common sense and established development processes.
What we expect from you:
- Pixel perfect web UI testing
- Cross-browser testing using BrowserStack
- Functional testing of web UI and backend business logic of sites built on CMS WordPress
- Creation of test artifacts (report bug, test plans)
- Processing customer requirements/feedback, transforming it into assignments for developers
- Estimating timeframe for all test activities taking into account technology/project risks
- Good manual testing and QA skills for web projects
- Generic understanding of HTML/CSS
- Experience with (or at least understanding of the principles) of CMS WordPress
- Previous experience in using any task-tracking systems, like Redmine, Jira, Trello, Asana, so on
- Level of English – Intermediate (able at least read and write, verbal communication skills are a plus)
Brightgrove is an industry-leading software development company with offices in Kyiv, Kharkiv, and Minsk. We build award-winning products that bring significant value, real results, and help our customers from a variety of industries to grow their businesses.
Our team currently consists of more than 350 people across different areas, passionate about technologies and software products. Although we work as multiple teams, use different platforms and languages, we all share the same goals and ideas of how to build things. We are a human-driven company!
What You Get With Us:
- Professional and career growth
- Warm and friendly working environment
- Comfortable and cozy office in the city center
- No corporate BS – we move too fast for that
- Competitive compensation depending on your experience and skills
- Opportunities to travel internationally and between our offices
- A chance to work with the latest modern technologies
- You’ll work with the remarkable teams from all over the world
- Working hours are flexible as long as you get the work done
- Awesome corporate culture and team building events
At Brightgrove, every expert is valued, involved, and essential for each part of our company. As with wine, great software is created by great people.