Scrum Master for Online TV Streaming Giant
About the Client
Founded in 2013, our client is a hugely popular, cutting-edge online streaming television company from California. This free broadcasting service provides millions of viewers with more than 100 exclusive live and original channels that users won’t find on local TV. The content is full of TV shows of all kinds, premium news, on-demand movies, cartoons, viral videos, sports, lifestyle and trending digital series. In a nutshell, there is literally everything you’d like to see on your screen – hand-picked by people who know and love the entertainment industry.
More so, they offer a free app that runs seamlessly on multiple mobile, web and various connected TV streaming devices. Well-known online giants The Verge, Venture Beat, and Vibe declared our customer as ‘awesome’. So, we can say for sure that our client is redefining the future of television.
About the Project
Our client is led by a seasoned team of entrepreneurs, TV and technology executives, and top-of-class team members. $43M+ funding with investors like US Venture Partners, Sky, Chicago Ventures, Universal Music Group, United Talent Agency and Pritzker Group. Top app with millions of users across platforms like web, iOS, Android, Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Vizio, Samsung, and more.
One of the hottest startups in Los Angeles and one of the leading video platforms in the industry -often covered in NY Times, Forbes, Techcrunch, Variety, USA Today, CNN, Mashable and more!
High energy culture. Passionate entrepreneurial team. Massive market. Employing the best of the best in the industry. We’re building the future of television.
About the Team
Our team is led by some of the best entrepreneurs and executives in media and technology. Our Executive Chairman was the Chief Content Officer of Spotify. Our co-founder and CEO was the CEO of Threadless and board member of Trunk Club and Smule. Our principal architect built the first Roku for Netflix. You’ll be joining a world-class startup team, with multiple exits under their belt, to build the future of television.
Our team solves business and technology problems. We run many experiments. We iterate on successful tests and turn them into products. We deploy those products across our apps to millions of users. We obsess over data. We run a lean, agile, vegan, non-GMO, all organic development process. Our team is aligned with company goals and KPIs. We have autonomy on how to solve problems. We bring out the entrepreneur in every engineer. We work together to build the future of TV.
Responsibilities and Skills
This is a meaningful role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Cross- Team Communication: Driving cross-team collaboration, alignment and communication by providing accurate and proactive project tracking to partners and the larger organization.
- Agile Best Practices: Implementing agile methodologies to govern the day-to-day activities of the team, serving as a team process coach and agile subject matter authority. Coordinating agile ceremonies at the team level.
- Impediment Removal: Actively identifying and removing impediments that may impact team velocity or deliverables. Working with other program managers and organizational leaders to remove impediments and balance risks.
- Program Planning: Participating in quarterly planning, balancing cross-team dependencies with the PMO, leading cross-team alignments, and setting delivery plans.
- Servant Leadership: Working as a servant-leader within the team, using leadership skills to nurture healthy and productive working relationships.
- Development Team Relationship: Developing a healthy working relationship within your teams and building respect and transparency.
- Relentless Improvement: Implementing processes that foster relentless improvement and drive the team and the organization towards more efficient product delivery.
- Must speak both English and Russian fluently.
- Must be available to work during overlapping hours from 8am to 10am Pacific Time during the work week and occasionally later, e.g., Sprint Planning (every two weeks) and PI Planning (every 12 weeks)
- Strong knowledge of Agile principles and tools. A CSM is required and an advanced Agile certification (e.g. SPC, CSP, PMI-ACP, etc.) highly desired. Familiarity with the Scaled Agile Framework is a plus.
- 2 to 4 years experience as an agile project manager/scrum master building complex software-based systems from inception to release, including coordinating cadence-based releases.
- Experience resolving conflicts and coaching high-functioning development teams, with an eye on using those skills to increase the speed and quality of software delivery.
- Experience using agile techniques to deliver large software epics with reliability, speed, and quality.
- Experience coaching the team on finding new solutions to impediments and blockers
- Confidence to rely on self judgment to work autonomously and take calculated risks
- Ability to organize requirements and timelines with cross functional teams across the globe, leading them to online delivery and successful execution.
- Ability to think creativity to improve processes and bring more efficiency