Senior Android Developer for Online TV Streaming Giant
About the customer
Founded in 2013, our client is a hugely popular, cutting-edge online streaming television company from California. This free broadcasting service provides millions of viewers with more than 100 exclusive live and original channels that users won’t find on local TV. The content is full of TV shows of all kinds, premium news, on-demand movies, cartoons, viral videos, sports, lifestyle and trending digital series. In a nutshell, there is literally everything you’d like to see on your screen – hand-picked by people who know and love the entertainment industry.
More so, they offer a free app that runs seamlessly on multiple mobile, web and various connected TV streaming devices. Well-known online giants The Verge, Venture Beat, and Vibe declared our customer as ‘awesome’. So, we can say for sure that our client is redefining the future of television.
About the project
One of the hottest startups in California is led by a team of highly-skilled and passionate entrepreneurs, alongside with the TV and technology executives. There is nothing but the high energy culture and the top-notch development team. Only the best of the best in the industry work for the platform’s owners. The project has investors from US Venture Partners, Chicago Ventures, Universal Music Group, and more. Millions of users across multiple platforms interact with their app on a daily basis.
Famous magazines like NY Times, Forbes, TechCrunch, Variety, USA Today, CNN and Mashable never miss the opportunity to write about one of the leading video streaming platforms in the industry. As of right now, the goal of the project is to transform the future of television by building the largest online TV service in the world, while continuing to stay free.
About the team
We are looking for no less than a new star to shine brightly in our innovative, friendly and open-minded team dedicated to bringing the entertainment to a higher level. Every team member is passionate about the project and committed to a common goal. You’ll be led by some of the best media and technology entrepreneurs. For instance, the Executive Chairman was the Chief Content Officer of Spotify, and principal architect built the first Roku for Netflix.
It’s a world-class startup team that runs many experiments and solves real problems – you can be sure of that. Here no successful products are built without thorough tests. The development process is lean, agile, organic, non-GMO, all that stuff. You’d be not just an engineer but an entrepreneur with the autonomy when it comes to the problem-solving process.
Your primary focus, as a Senior Android Developer, will be on developing and decision making. You also will communicate with the rest of the team (US and Ukraine) working on creating the new functionality and maintaining of existing one. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important.
- Discuss business and technical/architectural solutions
- Build new features together with the client according to business requirements
- Build infrastructure for the new project from scratch, implement changes to the existing projects
- Translate complex functional, technical and business requirements into architectural designs
- Communicate with the customer
We’re looking for a world-class senior engineer with strong computer science fundamentals, that can quickly pick up new technologies, that has a true passion for working on a fast-growing, consumer-facing product, that reaches millions of users. We don’t want engineers who just write great code, we want engineers that own and stand behind what they build. We won’t tell you how to solve the problem, we’ll give you clear goals and objectives, and you’ll work with our team to test, iterate, architect, build, and deploy solutions that directly impact our KPIs. We’re looking for someone that is passionate about what they do, eager to disrupt a massive market and isn’t just looking for another ‘job’.
- Strong technical design skills
- Expert understanding and ability to implement advanced data structures
- Experience mentoring other engineers at all levels
- Good understanding of Android platform
- Сonfident knowledge of development patterns
- Solid Java programming skills
- Experience with version control system (Git)
- Familiar with both Back-end and Front-end development
- Understanding of common principles and modern trends in android development
- Development experience for mobile phones, tablets, Android TV, Chromecast, etc.
Nice to Have Skills:
Brightgrove is an industry-leading software company with offices in Kyiv, Kharkiv, and Minsk. We build award-winning products that bring significant value, generate an inspiring result, and help our clients succeed. Our key industries include Retail, Manufacturing, Energy, ISV & Marketing Agencies, Medicine, Online TV broadcasting and many more.
Our development team currently counts more than 350 people across different accounts, organized around technologies and products. Although we work in multiple teams, on different platforms, and in various languages, we all share the same goal and idea of how to build things.
What You Get with Us:
- Very warm and friendly working environment
- Professional and career growth
- No corporate BS – we’re moving too fast for that
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Opportunities to travel international and between our offices
- Working with the latest technologies
- Good opportunities to work with remarkable teams from all over the world
- Flexible working hours – as long as you get the work done
- Comfortable and cozy office in the city center
- Awesome corporate events
At Brightgrove developers are integrated, involved, and essential to each part of our company. As with wine, great software is created by great people.