Senior Android Developer for SIP Telephony Project
About the customer
The client is a leading national provider of telecommunications services for the deaf and hearing impaired. They give people who are Deaf, Deaf-Blind, Hard of Hearing, Speech-Disabled, and have hearing loss — and the organizations who employ them — the freedom to make and receive calls anytime, anyplace, and anywhere.
About the project
The projects are video phone applications which are either pre-installed on the custom device or distributed in another form on the Google Play store. They use a proprietary SIP stack and integrate with backend Web services, which are developed by our client.
About the team
Development is generally taking place in Ukraine. The management is in NY, other members are located around the US and fill various roles in the project from product managers to testers.
- Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable source code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Customization of a custom Android system (AOSP) one of the projects uses
- Code against, and promote the use of, OOP, SOLID principles, clean architecture as well as deep knowledge of platform-specific coding conventions and patterns/anti-patterns
- Experience with using patterns in your last projects
- The ability to write clean, reusable, maintainable and readable code,
- Strong knowledge of the main android components and their life cycles as well as their types
- Unit test experience, including testing frameworks, mock objects, code coverage
- Experience with platform tools for troubleshooting, debugging and optimizing your code, the most known memory leaks cases in android apps.
- Comprehensive knowledge of multithreading in the Android (Thread, Handler, HandlerThread, Looper and so on)
- Considerable experience with AOSP (Android Open Source Project) and have published projects using this open source
Brightgrove is an industry-leading software company with offices in Kyiv, Kharkiv, and Minsk. We build award-winning products that bring significant value, generate an inspiring result, and help our clients succeed. Our key industries include Retail, Manufacturing, Energy, ISV & Marketing Agencies, Medicine, Online TV broadcasting and many more.
Our development team currently counts more than 350 people across different accounts, organized around technologies and products. Although we work in multiple teams, on different platforms, and in various languages, we all share the same goal and idea of how to build things.
What You Get with Us:
- Very warm and friendly working environment
- Professional and career growth
- No corporate BS – we’re moving too fast for that
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Opportunities to travel international and between our offices
- Working with the latest technologies
- Good opportunities to work with remarkable teams from all over the world
- Flexible working hours – as long as you get the work done
- Comfortable and cozy office in the city center
- Awesome corporate events
At Brightgrove developers are integrated, involved, and essential to each part of our company. As with wine, great software is created by great people.