Senior Data Base Software Engineer for Intelligent Revenue Platform
About the Client
Our Customer was founded to solve an important challenge: how to help people everywhere connect and unleash their human potential through seamless, perfectly aligned Sales Performance Management. Sales Performance Management (SPM) suite leverages data from a sales performance AI platform to provide timely insights across the entire SPM value chain, from sales planning to execution, including compensation to optimization. Our Customer takes Sales Performance Management from a dark art to a science, providing decision-makers with the data insights they need to tap the motivational power of their incentive compensation. With access to predictive analytics and benchmark data, enterprises can now optimize territories, design the right compensation and incentive plans and accelerate attainment and optimization of sales performance.
Our customer was the first 100% cloud-based, multi-tenant provider focusing solely on the incentive compensation and employee and sales performance management market, and we achieved our leadership position through domain expertise and innovative technology. Our customer delivers solutions through a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model.
About the Project
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be an essential member of a fast-moving agile development team building the latest products. You will contribute to all aspects from design, development, and testing to deployment and ongoing support working alongside product management and customer support. Your work will directly impact thousands of users across multiple Azure cloud regions. You’ll be responsible for taking personal ownership in both your code and others, this includes ensuring proper tests, documentation, and communication around development.
Our Customer believes everyone has a unique story to tell, and these small differences between us have a big impact. When bright, diverse minds come together, we’re challenged to think in different ways, generate creative ideas, be more innovative, and take on new perspectives
About the Team
We pride ourselves on building teams with a diversity of opinions in order to build the best software possible. We understand that not everyone works the same way and strive to create a flexible open environment to allow you to create the work/life balance that works best for you.
Responsibilities and Skills
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL
- Become familiar with the code base, development processes, and deployments.
- Become familiar with the product as customers will use it.
- Not only be a key member on the team running manual test cases, but also participate in exploratory testing;
- You may even have your first PR approved and in production.
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Become a contributor to the overall code base.
- Have PRs approved and deployed to production
- Contribute to overall design and process improvement
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Working more autonomously and closer with product;
- Helping troubleshoot issues;
- Contribute new ideas to the product and development;
- Be seen as a leader on the team.
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Be the goto person for any product related questions;
- Have enough knowledge about the product to refactor it on another platform or framework;
- Mentor other developers to elevate their careers to the next level;
- Minimum of 5 years experience in:
- SQL database development using technologies such as SQL Server and Azure SQL Database;
- Expert with performance tuning and optimization of SQL queries, stored procedures, functions and indexes;
- English Upper-Intermediate
- Middle tier development using technologies such as ASP.NET MVC, WCF, C#, .NET and Entity Framework;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Knowledge of contemporary software development methodologies and processes especially Agile Scrum;
- Experience designing and developing responsive web enterprise applications;
- Testing methods and tools with a focus on automated testing;