Senior Data Engineer for Global Hotel Solution Provider
About the Client
Our partner is a well-established, leading hospitality solutions brand from Germany with a worldwide network.
Being one of the global market giants in the business of the travel industry with a focus on DATA, the company provides various top-grade hotel management portals. Their solutions simplify the booking and management processes equally for corporations, travel managers, and travelers.
About the Project
The project’s main goal is to refactor an existing middle-tier service layer towards a modern cloud-based solution. You’re going to work in a distributed team alongside world-class software architects, developers, and subject matter experts. The team is going to shape and implement the technological renovation of one of the top ecosystems in the domain of private and corporate travel and hospitality.
About the Team
Our globally distributed team with the main part in Kyiv is responsible for turning data into insights, services, and products for one of the leaders in the hospitality and travel domain. Around 50 Data Specialists (Analysts, Scientists, and Engineers) work together to create solutions that ultimately serve millions of travelers worldwide.
We leverage the rich data landscape (spend data, booking data, rate data, web analytics data, etc.) to enable business stakeholders and customers with advanced analytical solutions, and provide information on travelers’ behavior, and the lodging market. We also bring state-of-the-art algorithms in production to enhance Search & Booking experience (with personalized recommendations) and optimize the corporate hotel portfolio to meet both the requirements of the customers and the needs of the travelers.
Responsibilities and Skills
You’ll use state-of-art technologies to develop an innovative data landscape for driving the business with up-to-date and real-time analytical solutions coupled.
- Create new data services in collaboration with product owners, peers, and other stakeholders
- Be up to speed in our AWS cloud-based environment, get things done with the help of technologies like Glue, Athena, Lambda and other AWS services
- Take part in the building of data architecture for ingestion, processing, and transferring of data for large-scale applications
- Research and discover new methods to acquire data, and new applications for existing data
- Work with other data team members including data architects, data analysts, and data scientists, product managers, and business stakeholders
- Understanding of what it takes to design, build, and maintain successful data platforms, services, and products
- Hands-on experience in Software Engineering (e.g. programming languages especially Python)
- Practical skills Data modeling and mining, building Data pipelines
- Excellent knowledge of SQL for Databases – MySQL, MSSQL, DB2, or Redshift
- Experience with cloud-based services, preferable AWS (Lambda, RDS, EC2, S3, Glue, Athena, SQS, CodePipeline, etc.)
- Practical experience with CloudFormation/Terraform / CDK
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with business stakeholders, fellow engineers, and management staff
- Upper-Intermediate English is a must
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of DWH
- Practical experience with Docker, Airflow (or willingness to quickly learn and work with them)