Senior Data Engineer for Global Hotel Solution Provider
About the customer
Our partner is a well-established, leading hospitality solutions brand from Germany with a worldwide network. Being one of the global market giants in the business of the travel industry, the company provides various top-grade hotel management portals. Their solutions simplify the booking and management processes equally for corporations, travel managers, and travelers.
About the project
The project’s main goal is to refactor an existing middle-tier service layer towards a modern cloud-based solution. You’re going to work in a distributed team alongside world-class software architects, developers, and subject matter experts. The team is going to shape and implement the technological renovation of one of the top ecosystems in the domain of private and corporate travel and hospitality.
- Design principles – Microservices, Domain-Driven Design (DDD)
- Build – Maven, Gradle; Git, GitHub, Jenkins, Gerrit
- Environments – Wildfly, Tomcat, Linux, CentOS
- Logging – Grafana, Prometheus, Rollbar, Cloudwatch, AWS CloudTrail
- Environments and tools – IntelliJ, UML, JIRA, Confluence, Checkstyle, Findbugs, ESLint, jest, PMD
About the team
Be among the first who are going to join our modern development center in Kyiv!
Our globally distributed team is responsible for turning data into insights, services, and products for one of the leaders in the hospitality and travel domain. Around 50 Data Specialists (Analysts, Scientists, and Engineers) work together to create solutions that ultimately serve millions of travelers worldwide.
We leverage the rich data landscape (spend data, booking data, rate data, web analytics data, etc.) to enable business stakeholders and customers with advanced analytical solutions, and provide information on travelers’ behavior, and lodging market. We also bring state-of-the-art algorithms in production to enhance Search & Booking experience (with personalized recommendations) and optimize the corporate hotel portfolio to meet both the requirements of the customers and the needs of the travelers.
- Using state-of-art technologies, develop an innovative data landscape for driving the business with up-to-date and real-time analytical solutions coupled
- Create new data services in collaboration with product owners, peers, and other stakeholders
- Seamlessly navigating in our AWS cloud-based environment, get things done with the help of technologies like Spark, Hadoop, Kinesis, or Elasticsearch
- Understanding of what it takes to design, build, and maintain successful data platforms, services, and products
- Hands-on experience in Software Engineering (e.g., programming languages such as Java or Python; big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, etc.).
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with business stakeholders, fellow engineers, and management staff
- Upper-Intermediate English is a must
Brightgrove is an industry-leading software development company with offices in Kyiv, Kharkiv, and Minsk. We build award-winning products that bring significant value, real results, and help our customers from a variety of industries to grow their businesses.
Our team currently consists of more than 350 people across different areas, passionate about technologies and software products. Although we work as multiple teams, use different platforms and languages, we all share the same goals and ideas of how to build things. We are a human-driven company!
What You Get with Us:
- Professional and career growth
- Warm and friendly working environment
- Comfortable and cozy office in the city center
- No corporate BS – we’re moving too fast for that
- Competitive compensation depending on your experience and skills
- Opportunities to travel internationally and between our offices
- A chance to work with the latest modern technologies
- You’ll work with the remarkable teams from all over the world
- Working hours are flexible as long as you get the work done
- Awesome corporate culture and team building events
At Brightgrove, every expert is valued, involved, and essential for each part of our company. As with wine, great software is created by great people.