Senior DevOps Engineer for AI-Powered Data Tool
About the Client
The company was launched in 2017, founders recognized the importance of accuracy in annotated data for self-driving vehicles to intelligently perceive the road ahead. With the vision to keep passengers and pedestrians safe, they focused on contributing to the qualitative perception and planning of self-driving cars.
With the combination of machine learning algorithms and human intelligence, their idea quickly formed into a fast-growing start-up.
We’ve created algorithmic annotation tooling for the camera, lidar, and sensor fusion data. By introducing the automation engine for data annotation in our product, we deliver unprecedented automation rates cutting costs and accelerating the training and testing of assisted & autonomous driving technology.
About the Project
You will be part of an ambitious team that has fun delivering a market-leading data annotation product to our customers. As a backend engineer, you are responsible for the stability and scalability of our web-based annotation tooling.
Living the principles of an open-minded developer, you will mainly focus on building the underlying cloud services but also help to improve the web application. Tasks range from user management over data intake to metric collection and many more. You are an expert in building a scalable backend system but don’t hesitate to work in the surrounding areas. As a team, we build, ship, and operate our products to make AI accessible.
About the Team
The whole development team consists of 25 developers on the German side and we are looking for DevOps and 2 developers on the Ukrainian side. We use an Agile approach (2 weeks iterations, daily standup meetings, etc).
Tech stack: Node.js, Vue.js, Next.js, Express.js, TypeScript, MongoDB, Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud, Python.
Responsibilities and Skills
You will be part of an ambitious team that has fun delivering highly reliable software to our customers.
As a DevOps Engineer, you operate our cloud ecosystem. The role is a blend of system and software engineering where coding and automation are essential. You embody the philosophies of DevOps with a greater focus on measuring and achieving reliability through engineering and operations work. You will help the team to build, ship, and operate our product and make AI accessible to bring society to the next level.
- As part of a Scrum team, you help to build a developer-friendly, reliable microservice infrastructure
- You promote a DevSecOps mindset within your team to own our product end to end
- Collaborate across teams and departments to improve product reliability and performance
- Identify automation opportunities to gain efficiency, reliability, and scalability
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, incident handling, and performance analysis
- Research and evaluate solutions for our use cases
- University degree in Computer Science (or related) or a proven track record as a cloud infrastructure expert
- Strong experience with one or more cloud providers – we are using Google Cloud
- Deep knowledge of running and scaling microservices with a container orchestrator, expertise in Kubernetes is a plus
- Large-scale system design exposure, in-depth understanding of UNIX/Linux, network technology, and security practices
- Passion for software engineering and automation, solid experience in one high-level language, e.g. Python, TypeScript, or similar
- You are eager to learn, a reliable team player and hungry for new challenges
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English Tech Stack
- Docker, Kubernetes, MongoDB, Google Cloud, TypeScript, Python, Node.js