Senior FrontEnd Developer for Real Estate Lease Online Service
About the customer
Our client offers prospective renters a fast, convenient lease guarantee in exchange for a fee, so they can qualify for the apartment of their dreams. We also help prospective renters qualify for leases they want, and to help landlords and brokers sign leases and fill vacancies in a quick and secure way. Our coverage is 100% free to landlords! Our Lease Guarantee Bond is backed by Hanover Insurance group, an A-rated (Excellent, by AM best) insurance company with over $13b in total assets.
About the project
The project is in live but all time it’s improving with new features. It involves the monitoring of incoming business requirements and convert them into technical design decisions. The day to day work requires strong problem-solving skills from engineering team in design of the microservices architecture, integration with external Property Management System, Re-organization of some sub-systems. The major part lies also in creation of more efficient data acquisition algorithms from external data providers (we work with a huge load of data sets from partner services). It is quite important to ensure the high level of efficiency in testing web services during the development process – shift from integration tests to unit test coverage.
About the team
The current total number of developers is 10 (Senior Front-end & Back-end engineers). All team members are highly intelligent professionals with extensive engineering experience.
Methodology: Scrum, two-week iterations, devs take the role of the Scrum Master.
Types of communication: slack, pivotal tracker, video conferences.
Working hours: flexible, agreeable, EST is preferred.
Engineering culture: the team has a strong code review culture (nothing gets merged without the approval of other team members). It’s essential for devs not to go defensive on code reviews and have pairing sessions to share context.
- Building out designer’s UI designs, implement UX best practices (some experience here would be good), and coaching designer on the frontend possibilities in web development (i.e. adding motion, effects when scrolling, etc.)
- Writing new features for frontend functionality
- Working on API integrations
- Performing code reviews
- React and Redux experience
- Strong understanding of SOLID principles
- Strong understanding of testing using Test & Behavior Driven Development (TDD & BDD)
- Understanding of Functional Programming patterns
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Intermediate experience with async programming
- Upper-Intermediate English
Brightgrove is an industry-leading software development company with offices in Kyiv, Kharkiv, and Minsk. We build award-winning products that bring significant value, real results, and help our customers from a variety of industries to grow their businesses.
Our team currently consists of more than 350 people across different areas, passionate about technologies and software products. Although we work as multiple teams, use different platforms and languages, we all share the same goals and ideas of how to build things. We are a human-driven company!
What You Get With Us:
- Professional and career growth
- Warm and friendly working environment
- Comfortable and cozy office in the city center
- No corporate BS – we move too fast for that
- Competitive compensation depending on your experience and skills
- Opportunities to travel internationally and between our offices
- A chance to work with the latest modern technologies
- You’ll work with the remarkable teams from all over the world
- Working hours are flexible as long as you get the work done
- Awesome corporate culture and team building events
At Brightgrove, every expert is valued, involved, and essential for each part of our company. As with wine, great software is created by great people.