Senior FrontEnd Developer for Web Annotation Project
About the customer
Our client creates a nonprofit pioneering a key new capability for the web called Web Annotation. They were instrumental in the development of the W3C Web Annotation standard, and are the creators of it’s most comprehensive general purpose implementation. They are working with publishers, educators, journalists, and scientists to bring annotation to the web at scale.
About the project
The project is a new effort to implement an old idea: A conversation layer over the entire web that works everywhere, without needing implementation by any underlying site. The team creates open source software, pushes for standards, and fosters community. Using annotation, you enable sentence-level note taking or critique on top of the news, blogs, scientific articles, books, terms of service, ballot initiatives, legislation and more.
About the team
It’s a diverse, supportive, highly collaborative, 100% remote team of technologists, and discipline experts. They write code in the open (their reports are public and liberally licensed) and also work within the standards process. Work collaboratively via Slack, video conferencing, GitHub, and Google Docs. The team is based in the US and in the UK.
Be the second main/lead frontend developer on the team. There is a huge backlog of new features and improvements, plus a mission-critical initiative to the product from Angular 1 to React to ongoing improvements.
We are seeking a Senior Front End Developer to join our team. The person hired for this role will work with the product delivery team to develop and ensure the delivery of technologies and services in support of our vision; to bring a conversation overall knowledge. Join us as we extend what the web can do.
In this role, you will help build systems, browser-based software, and user interfaces to support annotation of web pages and other media. You will focus on solving user needs by contributing to the front-end codebase.
The following is a sampling of the technologies we currently use (if you’re already familiar, great, but please don’t take these as prerequisites):
- Python, Pyramid, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch
- AWS, Docker, Ansible
This role reports to the Engineering / Product Manager.
- A solid understanding of the web platform and how browsers work
- Familiarity with architectural patterns and tools used to build modern web applications
- Experience profiling and debugging web applications
- Experience working with developers of open source projects to resolve bugs or make improvements
- Your documentation and verbal communication skills are excellent, and you’re able to collaborate and rally support with people on and off your team
- You have productive habits, healthy process awareness, and good teamwork skills and instincts
Brightgrove is an industry-leading software company with offices in Kyiv, Kharkiv, and Minsk. We build award-winning products that bring significant value, generate an inspiring result, and help our clients succeed. Our key industries include Retail, Manufacturing, Energy, ISV & Marketing Agencies, Medicine, Online TV broadcasting and many more.
Our development team currently counts more than 350 people across different accounts, organized around technologies and products. Although we work in multiple teams, on different platforms, and in various languages, we all share the same goal and idea of how to build things.
What You Get with Us:
- Very warm and friendly working environment
- Professional and career growth
- No corporate BS – we’re moving too fast for that
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Opportunities to travel international and between our offices
- Working with the latest technologies
- Good opportunities to work with remarkable teams from all over the world
- Flexible working hours – as long as you get the work done
- Comfortable and cozy office in the city center
- Awesome corporate events
At Brightgrove developers are integrated, involved, and essential to each part of our company. As with wine, great software is created by great people.