Senior FrontEnd Software Engineer for Carbon Neutrality SaaS Solution
About the Client
Our Client is a SaaS startup contributing to a more sustainable future by providing global organizations the tools and solutions necessary to reach their sustainability goals and carbon neutrality.
Founded in partnership with one of the world’s leading energy trading firms, they have been working closely with early adopters around the EU and plan to launch the first version of their product later this year.
We are a pioneer in an industry that has not yet been shaped by technology trends. We combine unparalleled financial markets with environmental and sustainability markets experience. You will be part of an existing software startup that will open access to these markets and will increase efficiency.
About the Project
The new platform will strive to facilitate global trade of environmental products and help clients access environmental and sustainability markets to achieve their objectives through products such as carbon offsets and environmental certificates. We are already working on designing value-adding services to the global industry and establish ourselves as the portal to environmental and sustainability markets. We are a software startup that is looking for aggressive growth and disrupting the market through value innovation-based business models. Any new team member will have the opportunity to shape the culture and future we are creating. They say it is not a job when it is also a hobby and something you would do for fun!
Methodology – Light Scrum – 2 weeks sprints
A lot of tests automated – unit, integration, UI end-to-end (not so many), at the moment Selenium, Cucumber(BDD), moving to Cypress now.
About the Team
The current team consists of 2 backend, 2 frontend and Separate PO/BA, 1 UI/US Designer + 1 Back/1Front in Amsterdam. A small team in the US.
Our future team will work with the Amsterdam team, and we plan to start with Backend (key person), Frontend (React), and DevOps.
Responsibilities and Skills
As a Senior Frontend Engineer you will work together with UX designers, product managers, customers, backend Engineers, and other stakeholders to produce the best UI/UX for the end consumers. We put the user experience front and center and you will need to really know our customers, their needs, and problems that they seek to solve. The development of the Platform UI starts from scratch, and so you will have an opportunity to influence the architecture, technology choices, look and feel and interaction design. You will setup and support the entire development lifecycle of the frontend components, from initial design and to running them in production. At the end of the day, it is up to you to setup virtually all aspects of the frontend development process.
Your primary responsibility is to nurture the frontend components of the platform from scratch. Since we are just starting out, it is important that you possess an open attitude to performing full stack activities too and don’t have an allergy to the backend work.
- Setup and support the entire development lifecycle of frontend components, that will communicate with numerous backend services in unidirectional and bidirectional ways.
- Own the development, testing, build, deployment, configuration, and the monitoring processes.
- Communicate with different Stakeholders (End Users, Management Team, Product Managers, UX designers, Marketing and Sales Managers, etc.) to define the requirements for the UI/UX and provide your feedback.
- Take the responsibility for the frontend components, their delivery and quality
- Support the technical documentation for developed applications.
- Share your technical experience and knowledge with teammates and stakeholders.
- Use your interpersonal skills to help setup the best possible development culture in the
- Consult, help, and grow members of the team.
- Should you have skills and/or wish – lead the sub-teams as soon as they grow.
- Along with other senior engineers, be the pillar that product development stands on.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in a Developer role
- Deep knowledge of React and its ecosystem. Experience with Angular and Vue.js is a plus
- Experience building responsive layouts
- Excellent knowledge of unit/integration testing and testing frameworks/tools
- Great understanding of HTTP/2, grpc, REST
- Knowledge of and practical experience with tools like NPM, Yarn, Webpack, etc.
- Good knowledge in event-driven, distributed, scalable systems
- Good knowledge of both relational and non-relational database systems
- Experience and openness to perform DevOps related activities (setup CI/CD, monitoring, configuration, etc.)
- Experience working on Linux-like systems
- Strictly don’t have the “Not my problem” attitude
- Openness and ability to work on the backend part of the platform
- Upper-Intermediate English
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience working in a Financial Industry
- Experience with Design Thinking methodology or similar frameworks
- Experience with component libraries such as Material-ui
- Good knowledge of reactive programming and tools like RxJS
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Helm
- Good knowledge of messaging systems (RabbitMQ, Kafka, SQS, Cloud Pub/Sub, etc)
- Experience with at least one primary Cloud provider (/GCP/Azure)
- Experience and/or wish to lead small teams
- Skills in backend development using /, Go, Python and corresponding frameworks
- Good understanding of computer networking
- Open for feedback, discussions, learning and trying new things
- Self-motivated and result-oriented
- Pro-active, enthusiastic and a problem-solver
- Great communication skills
- Curious about how things work and able to learn fast