Frontend Software Engineer for Online TV Streaming Giant
About the Client
Founded in 2013, our client is a hugely popular, cutting-edge online streaming television company from California. This free broadcasting service provides millions of viewers with more than 100 exclusive live and original channels that users won’t find on local TV. The content is full of TV shows of all kinds, premium news, on-demand movies, cartoons, viral videos, sports, lifestyle and trending digital series. In a nutshell, there is literally everything you’d like to see on your screen – hand-picked by people who know and love the entertainment industry.
More so, they offer a free app that runs seamlessly on multiple mobile, web and various connected TV streaming devices. Well-known online giants The Verge, Venture Beat, and Vibe declared our customer as ‘awesome’. So, we can say for sure that our client is redefining the future of television.
About the Project
Our client is led by a seasoned team of entrepreneurs, TV and technology executives, and top-of-class team members. $43M+ funding with investors like US Venture Partners, Sky, Chicago Ventures, Universal Music Group, United Talent Agency and Pritzker Group. Top app with millions of users across platforms like web, iOS, Android, Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Vizio, Samsung, and more.
One of the hottest startups in Los Angeles and one of the leading video platforms in the industry -often covered in NY Times, Forbes, Techcrunch, Variety, USA Today, CNN, Mashable and more!
High energy culture. Passionate entrepreneurial team. Massive market. Employing the best of the best in the industry. We’re building the future of television.
About the Team
Our team is led by some of the best entrepreneurs and executives in media and technology. Our Executive Chairman was the Chief Content Officer of Spotify. Our co-founder and CEO was the CEO of Threadless and a board member of Trunk Club and Smule. Our principal architect built the first Roku for Netflix. You’ll be joining a world-class startup team, with multiple exits under their belt, to build the future of television.
Our team solves business and technology problems. We run many experiments. We iterate on successful tests and turn them into products. We deploy those products across our apps to millions of users. We obsess over data. We run a lean, agile, vegan, non-GMO, all organic development process. Our team is aligned with company goals and KPIs. We have autonomy on how to solve problems. We bring out the entrepreneur in every engineer. We work together to build the future of TV.
Responsibilities and Skills
Your primary focus, as a Senior Front – End Developer, will be on development and decision making. You also will communicate with the rest of the team (US and Ukraine) working on creating the new functionality and maintaining the existing one. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality are important.
Detailed list of responsibilities:
- Discuss business and technical/architectural solutions
- Build new features together with the client according to business requirements
- Development of landing pages, website
- Build infrastructure for the new project from scratch, implement changes to the existing projects
- Translate complex functional, technical and business requirements into architectural designs
- Communicate with the customer
We’re looking for a world-class senior engineer with strong computer science fundamentals, that can quickly pick up new technologies, that has a true passion for working on a fast-growing, consumer-facing product, that reaches millions of users. We don’t want engineers who just write great code, we want engineers that own and stand behind what they build. We won’t tell you how to solve the problem, we’ll give you clear goals and objectives, and you’ll work with our team to test, iterate, architect, build, and deploy solutions that directly impact our KPIs. We’re looking for someone that is passionate about what they do, eager to disrupt a massive market and isn’t just looking for another ‘job’.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related degree
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of ReactJS Web Application development experience
- Strong ability to troubleshoot/debug issues
- Experience integrating REST APIs, ability to quickly pick up new APIs/SDKs
- Capable of working in a fast-paced agile environment
- Consumer-Oriented, pays attention to details, regards user experience as a high priority
- Experience developing and supporting enterprise applications
- Connected TV / Smart TV / Embedded Devices app development experience
- Full-stack development experience
- Typescript development experience
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)