About the customer
Founded in 2013, our client is a hugely popular, cutting-edge online streaming television company from California. This free broadcasting service provides millions of viewers with more than 100 exclusive live and original channels that users won’t find on local TV. The content is full of TV shows of all kinds, premium news, on-demand movies, cartoons, viral videos, sports, lifestyle and trending digital series. In a nutshell, there is literally everything you’d like to see on your screen – hand-picked by people who know and love the entertainment industry.
More so, they offer a free app that runs seamlessly on multiple mobile, web and various connected TV streaming devices. Well-known online giants The Verge, Venture Beat, and Vibe declared our customer as ‘awesome’. So, we can say for sure that our client is redefining the future of television.
About the project
One of the hottest startups in California is led by a team of highly-skilled and passionate entrepreneurs, alongside with the TV and technology executives. There is nothing but the high energy culture and the top-notch development team. Only the best of the best in the industry work for the platform’s owners. The project has investors from US Venture Partners, Chicago Ventures, Universal Music Group, and more. Millions of users across multiple platforms interact with their app on a daily basis.
Famous magazines like NY Times, Forbes, TechCrunch, Variety, USA Today, CNN and Mashable never miss the opportunity to write about one of the leading video streaming platforms in the industry. As of right now, the goal of the project is to transform the future of television by building the largest online TV service in the world, while continuing to stay free.
About the team
We are looking for no less than a new star to shine brightly in our innovative, friendly and open-minded team dedicated to bringing the entertainment to a higher level. Every team member is passionate about the project and committed to a common goal. You’ll be led by some of the best media and technology entrepreneurs. For instance, the Executive Chairman was the Chief Content Officer of Spotify, and principal architect built the first Roku for Netflix.
It’s a world-class startup team that runs many experiments and solves real problems – you can be sure of that. Here no successful products are built without thorough tests. The development process is lean, agile, organic, non-GMO, all that stuff. You’d be not just an engineer but an entrepreneur with the autonomy when it comes to problem-solving process.
In this case, a Senior Full Stack Developer means like really Senior. Super Senior. Star-Senior expert that would focus his/her efforts on top-notch development and decision-making. You’ll maintain a sharp and efficient communication process with the rest of the team in the US and Ukraine.
Along with the teammates, you’ll create entirely new projects and upgrade the existing ones. So, it’s essential to have a bright mind and to be committed to a collaborative problem-solving approach, crave sophisticated design and high-quality product.
- Full-stack software development leadership (ever dreamed of Team Leading position?);
- Hand in hand with client develop features and infrastructure for the new advanced content and video asset management system from scratch;
- Maintain the existing projects on various mobile, web and TV platforms and implement the updates;
- Develop architectural designs based on the outlined business, functional and technical requirements of the customer;
- Participate in the debates about business and technical/architectural solutions;
- Make logical and justified decisions related to the development process;
- Communicate directly with the customer.
We are looking for a rock-star Senior Full-stack engineer who possesses solid computer science fundamentals, learns on the fly and dreams to work for a fast-growing progressive company with an employee-oriented corporate culture and established policies. It’s not just about your impressive coding skills – we seek the engineers that own and stand behind what they build.
No one would tell you how to solve the problem, but you’ll be given clear goals and objectives. You’ll be involved in the world-class development process with all appropriate stages: architecting, building, testing, iterating and deploying. We’re looking for someone that is passionate about what they do, eager to disrupt a massive market and isn’t just looking for another ‘job’.
Qualities and Expertise We’d Love You to Have:
- You must be accustomed to mentoring and team leading
- You’re experienced in handling video formats and protocols, content management systems
- You think, learn and code fast
- You’re good in handling Node + Mongo + Express + CanJS
Would be a Huge Plus if You…
- Know the Typescript;
- Able to do magic with BrightScript;
- Extremely experienced in video streaming services;
- Have a high level of English language skills (Upper-Intermediate);
- Are eager to learn new thing and strive to disrupt a massive market with out-of-the-box solutions.
Brightgrove is an industry-leading software company with offices in Kyiv, Kharkiv, and Minsk. We build award-winning products that bring significant value, generate an inspiring result, and help our clients succeed. Our key industries include Retail, Manufacturing, Energy, ISV & Marketing Agencies, Medicine, Online TV broadcasting and many more.
Our development team currently counts more than 350 people across different accounts, organized around technologies and products. Although we work in multiple teams, on different platforms, and in various languages, we all share the same goal and idea of how to build things.
What You Get with Us:
- Very warm and friendly working environment
- Professional and career growth
- No corporate BS – we’re moving too fast for that
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Opportunities to travel international and between our offices
- Working with the latest technologies
- Good opportunities to work with remarkable teams from all over the world
- Flexible working hours – as long as you get the work done
- Comfortable and cozy office in the city center
- Awesome corporate events
At Brightgrove developers are integrated, involved, and essential to each part of our company. As with wine, great software is created by great people.