Senior Full-Stack PHP Developer for IT Documentation Tool
About the customer
Our customer is a well-known German tech company that provides various startups and enterprises with professional software to handle the requirements of modern IT operations and IT service management. Their product has an open-source version and a community of dedicated end-users and contributors. The product is top-rated in Europe within well-established companies of different sizes and branches, making it now a leading software tool in the field of IT documentation, configuration management databases (CMDB), and security.
About the project
In a nutshell, it’s an application for IT documentation and a full-fledged CMDB that allows users to collect all their knowledge about the IT infrastructure (both software and hardware) they’re dealing with within their companies. By using this product, users obtain the “point of information” for all their internal IT processes. All the data that has to be documented is centralized in one single spot – easy-to-navigate and user-friendly. The application provides both automatic and manual updates, which proves that the product has a scalable structure able to adapt to each user’s particular needs/requirements.
This software combines both the classic structures of IT asset management and peculiar features of a CMDB and CMS defined by ITIL. Now, our customer prepares the next big version of the product – 2.0. It’s going to present a significant change of tech stack and the overall project’s architecture. Basically, it’s a new, almost from scratch, project, with defined scope and requirements from a currently existing product.
About the team
For now, the team consists of 4 senior developers. There is no dedicated Team Lead within a development team. In Brightgrove, there are a couple of technical teams that interact with each other:
- Support (Customer Care)
Every team handles its own tasks and responsibilities. There is no direct subordination, but there are particular experts responsible for the project/parts of the project who assign tasks and control their status.
Our team is pretty flat and friendly – everyone can freely express his/her opinion, and everyone is welcomed to share their own ideas for the project. We guarantee a pleasant working atmosphere and supportive teammates. Your scope of work for this project is to be fully involved in the development of the product’s 2.0 version.
- Participate in the development of the product’s front-end and back-end
- Actively contribute to the development process
- Provide status updates and estimate the tasks
- Participate in conceptual meetings
- Participate in daily status calls
- Write unit tests for developed components
- Participate in code-reviews
- Back-end: PHP 5.6+, MySQL, Symfony 3+, Doctrine2
- Front-end: ECMAScript 5+, React, Redux, SASS
- Experience in writing unit tests
- Level of English – Upper-Intermediate
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience in type-safe development with PHP7+ and ECMAScript+Flow/TypeScript, Symfony Flex
Brightgrove is an industry-leading software development company with offices in Kyiv, Kharkiv, and Minsk. We build award-winning products that bring significant value, real results, and help our customers from a variety of industries to grow their businesses.
Our team currently consists of more than 350 people across different areas, passionate about technologies and software products. Although we work as multiple teams, use different platforms and languages, we all share the same goals and ideas of how to build things. We are a human-driven company!
What You Get With Us:
- Professional and career growth
- Warm and friendly working environment
- Comfortable and cozy office in the city center
- No corporate BS – we’re moving too fast for that
- Competitive compensation depending on your experience and skills
- Opportunities to travel internationally and between our offices
- A chance to work with the latest modern technologies
- You’ll work with the remarkable teams from all over the world
- Working hours are flexible as long as you get the work done
- Awesome corporate culture and team building events
At Brightgrove, every expert is valued, involved, and essential for each part of our company. As with wine, great software is created by great people.