Senior Java Developer for Online E-commerce and Logistics Platform
About the customer
Founded in 2014 in Germany, our client is a well-established retail company that runs a customer-oriented e-commerce online portal with its own logistics system used by more than 500,000 satisfied customers. In this shop, even the most demanding buyer can find everything needed for building, manufacturing, and construction fields, office management, or just the house equipment for both individual craftsmen and enterprises.
There is a huge selection of high-quality products from hand and power tools, office supplies and equipment, work and protective clothing to mounting hardware and fittings, storage and workshop equipment produced by a variety of famous brands like Bosch, Fein, Metabo, KS Tools, and Hazet.
About the project
The customer’s team maintains a Microservices architecture, which provides services required for e-commerce related tasks, like generating data feeds, sending/receiving transactional data; collecting, transforming, and saving data; and communicating with 3rd party software and services through their API.
The main goal of the project is to increase the customer’s shop assortment to a minimum of 1 million products. Which brings up some exciting challenges in terms of performance, massive data assets, and how to scale and boost all their systems in general.
About the team
There are 5 developers in the customer’s in-house team, and now they want to expand it with Brightgrove’s remote team that we’re assembling in our modern R&D office in Kyiv. All your future teammates are true professionals that maintain a healthy and friendly working atmosphere.
Create/Alter Spring Boot Microservices that transfer and process products and transactional data from the customer’s internal systems to external 3rd party systems (marketplaces, suppliers, and other software vendors).
- Working experience with Java 8, 11
- Spring Boot Framework
- Good knowledge of SQL and Non-SQL Databases
- Experience with REST architecture
- Level of English – Upper-Intermediate
Nice to Have Skills:
- Spring Batch
- Spring Integration
- Spring Cloud
- Apache Kafka
- Experience with Messaging Services (Amazon SQS or similar)
- Experience with SOAP
Brightgrove is an industry-leading software development company with offices in Kyiv, Kharkiv, and Minsk. We build award-winning products that bring significant value, real results, and help our customers from a variety of industries to grow their businesses.
Our team currently consistsф of more than 350 people across different areas, passionate about technologies and software products. Although we work as multiple teams, use different platforms and languages, we all share the same goals and ideas of how to build things. We are a human-driven company!
What You Get With Us:
- Professional and career growth
- Warm and friendly working environment
- Comfortable and cozy office in the city center
- No corporate BS – we move too fast for that
- Competitive compensation depending on your experience and skills
- Opportunities to travel internationally and between our offices
- A chance to work with the latest modern technologies
- You’ll work with the remarkable teams from all over the world
- Working hours are flexible as long as you get the work done
- Awesome corporate culture and team building events
At Brightgrove, every expert is valued, involved, and essential for each part of our company. As with wine, great software is created by great people.