Senior Node.js Developer for Real Estate Lease Online Service
About the customer
Our client offers prospective renters a fast, convenient lease guarantee in exchange for a fee, so they can qualify for the apartment of their dreams. We also help prospective renters qualify for leases they want, and to help landlords and brokers sign leases and fill vacancies in a quick and secure way. Our coverage is 100% free to landlords! Our Lease Guarantee Bond is backed by Hanover Insurance group, an A-rated (Excellent, by AM best) insurance company with over $13b in total assets.
About the project
The project is in live but all time it’s improving with new features. It involves the monitoring of incoming business requirements and convert them into technical design decisions. The day to day work requires strong problem-solving skills from engineering team in design of the microservices architecture, integration with external Property Management System, Re-organization of some sub-systems. The major part lies also in creation of more efficient data acquisition algorithms from external data providers (we work with a huge load of data sets from partner services). It is quite important to ensure the high level of efficiency in testing web services during the development process – shift from integration tests to unit test coverage.
About the team
Total number of developers is 10 ( Senior FrontEnd & BackEnd engineers).
Methodology: Scrum, two-week iterations, devs take a role of the scrum master.
Type of communications: Slack, pivotal tracker, video conferences.
Working hours: flexible, agreeable, EST is preferred.
Engineering culture: Team has strong code review culture (nothing gets merged without approval of other team members). It’s really important for devs to not to go defensive on code reviews and have pairing sessions to share context.
Every dev should be able to work on any part of application.
- Negotiate business requirements and product features
- Writing new features for backend functionality and related to our three insurance products
- Working on API integrations
- Building infrastructure to support other developers
- Performing code reviews
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering (PHP, Java, Python)
- Strong understanding of SOLID principles
- Strong understanding of testing using Test & Behavior Driven Development (TDD &BDD)
- Databases: PostgreSQL
- Intermediate understanding of Functional Programming patterns
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Intermediate experience with async programming
- English fluency
Brightgrove is an industry-leading software company with offices in Kyiv, Kharkiv, and Minsk. We build award-winning products that bring significant value, generate an inspiring result, and help our clients succeed. Our key industries include Retail, Manufacturing, Energy, ISV & Marketing Agencies, Medicine, Online TV broadcasting and many more.
Our development team currently counts more than 300 people across different accounts, organized around technologies and products. Although we work in multiple teams, on different platforms, and in various languages, we all share the same goal and idea of how to build things.
What You Get with Us:
- Very warm and friendly working environment
- Professional and career growth
- No corporate BS – we’re moving too fast for that
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Opportunities to travel international and between our offices
- Working with the latest technologies
- Good opportunities to work with remarkable teams from all over the world
- Flexible working hours – as long as you get the work done
- Comfortable and cozy office in the city center
- Awesome corporate events
At Brightgrove developers are integrated, involved, and essential to each part of our company. As with wine, great software is created by great people.