Middle Python Developer for International E-commerce and Marketing Company
About the Client
Our customer is a Munich-based leading European Commerce Content platform focusing on the delivery of consumer rewards, cashback, savings opportunities, and shopping content.
It is an international e-commerce and marketing company. By assisting millions of consumers to make smarter purchasing decisions, they enable their partners to reach high-intent users at scale in 20+ markets around the world. They operate 100+ digital assets with the world’s leading publishers, helping them to monetize on their digital platforms.
About the Project
The project is a free Browser Extension that saves you time and money when shopping online. Our awesome technology recognizes the website (more than 3000 UK e-commerce sites) that you are on, and then simply displays all the best available voucher codes for that store. This allows you to enjoy a seamless shopping experience where you can access the best discounts without ever leaving the website.
Founded in 2016, our tool is available for Google Chrome, Safari and Firefox, and can be downloaded for free in just two clicks.
About the Team
The development team is distributed.
On the Ukrainian side, it consists of a 3 FrontEnd engineer.
The team on the customer’s side: 5 Developers, 1 Product Manager, 1 UX Designer, 1 Visual Designer. You will be working with Developers, Marketing, Business Developers, and CRM Professionals very closely.
Responsibilities and Skills
We are currently looking for a Senior Python developer to join the extensions team. Amongst many exciting challenges, you will:
- Be involved in inception to delivery of various features and products on an ambitious and challenging product roadmap
- Be experienced in designing and developing modern architectures using the latest AWS technologies – Microservices, Serverless, NoSQL & RDBMS, Event-driven architectures, etc.
- Take responsibility for our solution infrastructure and contribute to improving architecture in terms of performance, security, scalability, modularity, and operational efficiency
- Be an expert in Cloudformation and SAM templating to implement infrastructure as code
- Have an understanding of performance metrics like Latency, Throughput, High availability, Failover, and ways to build services for these metrics and track them in real-time
- Be able to switch between infrastructure management and application implementation comfortably
take charge and ownership of projects, lead them from the technical side, and manage stakeholders and closely work with them
- Oversee and review the daily deliverables to ensure compliance with high-quality standards
- Coach and motivate all team members by encouraging creativity and risk-taking
- Create an open communication culture, by being open for feedback and supporting in conflict resolutions
- Good grasp of Python programing
- You have vast experience with Shell scripting
- Experience with a Flask/Django framework
- Experience with a Docker
- Experience with an AWS (EC2, ECS, DynamoDB, S3, RDS, SQS, SNS, API Gateway, Lambdas)
- Object-oriented programming concepts with application to concurrent event-based systems
- A keen eye for architecture and application design patterns
- Upper-Intermediate English (B2) or higher
Expertise with next technologies would be a plus:
- Node.js, Golang, PHP
- Databases: DynamoDB, MySQL, MongoDB, Timestream or Prometheus time-series databases, Redis
- ELK stack
- AWS Cognito
- Fluentd, StatsD
- AWS Appsync
- Talon One Loyalty platform