Senior QA Automation Engineer for Intelligent Revenue Platform
About the Client
Our Customer was founded to solve an important challenge: how to help people everywhere connect and unleash their human potential through seamless, perfectly aligned Sales Performance Management. Sales Performance Management (SPM) suite leverages data from a sales performance AI platform to provide timely insights across the entire SPM value chain, from sales planning to execution, including compensation to optimization. Our Customer takes Sales Performance Management from a dark art to a science, providing decision-makers with the data insights they need to tap the motivational power of their incentive compensation. With access to predictive analytics and benchmark data, enterprises can now optimize territories, design the right compensation and incentive plans and accelerate attainment and optimization of sales performance.
Our customer was the first 100% cloud-based, multi-tenant provider focusing solely on the incentive compensation and employee and sales performance management market, and we achieved our leadership position through domain expertise and innovative technology. Our customer delivers solutions through a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model.
About the Project
The team that you would be working with are actively developing and supporting hundreds of customers who are using our three products: Commission Expense Accounting, Advanced Quota Planning and Operational Sales Management. These products are actively selling and have an increasing market footprint. There are a number of challenges that need to be addressed which include a healthy product roadmap, deep technical roadmap, current customer issues and performance optimizations as the products are being operationalized by large enterprise customers. Since the base platform has been around for many years, we have both older technology (Knockout, AngularJS, etc.) to support and refactor as well as enhancements using new technologies (ReactJS, .Net Core, Serverless Functions, etc.).
Many of our larger customers are using these products in new ways (new scenarios, new data volumes, etc.), so there is pressure on the quality engineering team to ensure that we have automated tests and sprint testing coverage to ensure that we minimize the number of escaped defects. There is a lot of organizational attention on these products, which is why we are expanding the team to get the help that we need.
About the Team
Our QE team is a rapidly growing & very well diversified team with a very strong focus on cutting-edge test automation tools & technologies. We are a very strong team comprising of 35+ members spread across our engineering centers in San Jose, Denver and Bangalore (India). All engineers in the QE team are encouraged to operate independently and with the highest levels of accountability. Each QE engineer works with a tight-knit team of back-end developers, front-end developers, Product Managers in the scrum teams with a laser focus on producing high-quality code & products for our customers. All QE engineers are trained well on all aspects i.e. products training, Automation tools & infrastructure, CI/CD, etc. ensuring their success in scrum teams. QE team members work with cutting-edge tools & technologies like Selenium Web Driver, JAVA, TestNg, Maven, RestAssure, Nightwatch, VMWare, Jenkins, Docker, OpenNebula, Jmeter to name a few.
Responsibilities and Skills
As a Senior QA Engineer, you will maintain/continuously improve upon the QE function and facilitate the implementation of QE best practices within the organization. Establish partnerships with internal stakeholders to understand customer requirements and ensure the quality of delivery. Own, drive, measure, and optimize the overall quality of the development and delivery process. Drive quality automation and take the customer perspective for end-to-end quality. Our Customer believes everyone has a unique story to tell, and these small differences between us have a big impact. When bright, diverse minds come together, we’re challenged to think in different ways, generate creative ideas, be more innovative, and take on new perspectives.
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL:
- Attend New Hire Training
- Learn the Dev and QE processes
- Participate in scrum development process
- Get to know your team
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Learn our SaaS technology stack
- To gain complete domain and Product knowledge
- Taking ownership of a module/project
- Perform QE code reviews
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Ensure best QE practices are being used
- Working on multiple functionalities and taking ownership of respective module automation
- Perform RCA’s on Production Escapes and ensure corrective actions are implemented
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Help grow other engineers technically by pairing and developing other learning opportunities
- Training new joiners and peers in automation
- Continuously work on QE process improvements to maximize team effectiveness and efficiencies
- Experience of 5-8 years with strong testing skills. Able to develop test strategy, design test plan, and test cases effectively and independently
- Experience as QE engineer in Scrum methodology requiring automated tests as a definition of done
- Experience in testing enterprise business application
- Strong knowledge of current quality engineering and test automation tools and processes, including Jenkins, Selenium/Webdriver, Jmeter, Rest API.
- Hands-on experience in Rest API automation and GUI automation(such as Selenium)
- Experience in testing J2EE based application
- Programming experience in language such as Java
- Strong SQL query knowledge.
- Experience in product based companies
- English Upper-Intermediate
Preferred Skills (optional):
- Experience with the latest CI/CD technologies and successful applications (Jenkins, Maven, Git, Docker, Kubernetes etc.)
- Exposure in testing Hadoop stack
- Exposure on ETL/analytics modules