Senior QA Automation Engineer for On-line Television
About the customer
Our client is a free online television service broadcasting over 75 live channels full of the TV shows, movies and Internet videos, all on one dial. The company was founded in 2013 and is based in Los Angeles, California. The product runs as an app on AppleTV, Android TV, Amazon Fire Stick, Roku, and PlayStation. The company currently has around 75 content partners and has around 5 million monthly active users. They generate revenue from video advertisements between programming and have a goal to continue to stay as free television.
About the project
The project is led by a seasoned team of entrepreneurs, TV and technology executives, and top-of-class team members. We have investors like US Venture Partners, Sky, Chicago Ventures, Universal Music Group, United Talent Agency and Pritzker Group. Top app with millions of users across platforms like web, iOS, Android, Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Vizio, Samsung, and more. One of the hottest startups in Los Angeles and one of the leading video platforms in the industry – often covered in NY Times, Forbes, Techcrunch, Variety, USA Today, CNN, Mashable and more! High energy culture. Passionate entrepreneurial team. Massive market. Employing the best of the best in the industry. We’re building the future of television.
About the team
Our team is led by some of the best entrepreneurs and executives in media and technology. Our Executive Chairman was the Chief Content Officer of Spotify. Our co-founder and CEO was the CEO of Threadless and board member of Trunk Club and Smule. Our principal architect built the first Roku for Netflix. You’ll be joining a world-class startup team, with multiple exits under their belt, to build the future of television.
Our team solves business and technology problems. We run many experiments. We iterate on successful tests and turn them into products. We deploy those products across our apps to millions of users. We obsess over data. We run a lean, agile, vegan, non-GMO, all organic development process. Our team is aligned with company goals and KPIs. We have autonomy on how to solve problems. We bring out the entrepreneur in every engineer. We work together to build the future of TV.
At this project, we approach testing differently — we are testing, and breaking, code constantly, but we help rebuild it better. Software Test Engineers (STE) design TV’s testing infrastructure and write code to examine and validate large-scale software development and deployments. As an STE, you partner with software developers to create and code tests concurrently with product development. You build tools that help developers be more productive, write better code and test it themselves. Troubleshooting is an understatement; it’s more like trouble forecasting. The STE will also act as a representative of the Software Test Engineering Team in scrum meetings and provide input on how to provide better quality coverage for the applications supported.
- Work in an Agile Software Delivery methodology highly focused on developing automated tests within an iteration
- Work with the project team to drive Test Driven Development where modules that are being worked on are tested right away for immediate feedback
- Provide a risk assessment of the defects identified and set the correct priority and severity
- Automation is NOT the only mechanism for quality. As an STE, you are expected to perform ad-hoc/exploratory tests from a feature as well as regression testing
- Significant understanding of complex coding frameworks and applications such as Java, Node, Mobile and OTT
- Ability to develop and execute Performance Tests
- Mentoring of team members on the following competencies:
- Test Automation and STE Test Automation Standards
- Use of STE Unified Test Framework
- Application behavior and testing techniques
- Test coverage for the application(s) supported.
- At least 5 years of experience in testing large scale multi-platform web-based applications (web and mobile)
- Strong knowledge of software testing methods and approaches
- Good understanding of Java (including Java Core), OOP paradigm
- Experience with Appium
- Experience with JUnit & TestNG
- Experience with Page Object design pattern
- Experience in developing automation test framework on Java from scratch
- Experience in testing web services APIs (SoapUI, Postman, Fiddler or other)
- Good knowledge of SQL/NoSQL type databases
- Skills in the execution of Performance (Load) tests using JMeter or other testing tools
- CI: Jenkins configuration skills
- Fluent English
Nice to Have Skills
- Native App + OTT Testing Experience
- Video Content Delivery Experience
- Performance testing experience using commercial or open-source tools (JMeter, Curl, WebPageTest or other commercial perf testing tool)
- 3+ years of testing experience in an Agile Software Development methodology
- Exposure to Agile Management tools such as Jira
- Experience working with native AWS
Brightgrove is an industry-leading software company with offices in Kyiv, Kharkiv, and Minsk. We build award-winning products that bring significant value, generate an inspiring result, and help our clients succeed. Our key industries include Retail, Manufacturing, Energy, ISV & Marketing Agencies, Medicine, Online TV broadcasting and many more.
Our development team currently counts more than 350 people across different accounts, organized around technologies and products. Although we work in multiple teams, on different platforms, and in various languages, we all share the same goal and idea of how to build things.
What You Get with Us:
- Very warm and friendly working environment
- Professional and career growth
- No corporate BS – we’re moving too fast for that
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Opportunities to travel international and between our offices
- Working with the latest technologies
- Good opportunities to work with remarkable teams from all over the world
- Flexible working hours – as long as you get the work done
- Comfortable and cozy office in the city center
- Awesome corporate events
At Brightgrove developers are integrated, involved, and essential to each part of our company. As with wine, great software is created by great people.