Senior QA Automation Engineer for Online TV Streaming Giant
About the Client
Founded in 2013, our client is a hugely popular, cutting-edge online streaming television company from California. This free broadcasting service provides millions of viewers with more than 100 exclusive live and original channels that users won’t find on local TV. The content is full of TV shows of all kinds, premium news, on-demand movies, cartoons, viral videos, sports, lifestyle and trending digital series. In a nutshell, there is literally everything you’d like to see on your screen – hand-picked by people who know and love the entertainment industry.
More so, they offer a free app that runs seamlessly on multiple mobile, web and various connected TV streaming devices. Well-known online giants The Verge, Venture Beat, and Vibe declared our customer as ‘awesome’. So, we can say for sure that our client is redefining the future of television.
About the Project
One of the hottest startups in California is led by a team of highly-skilled and passionate entrepreneurs, alongside with the TV and technology executives. There is nothing but the high energy culture and the top-notch development team. Only the best of the best in the industry work for the platform’s owners. The project has investors from US Venture Partners, Chicago Ventures, Universal Music Group, and more. Millions of users across multiple platforms interact with their app on a daily basis.
Famous magazines like NY Times, Forbes, TechCrunch, Variety, USA Today, CNN and Mashable never miss the opportunity to write about one of the leading video streaming platforms in the industry. As of right now, the goal of the project is to transform the future of television by building the largest online TV service in the world, while continuing to stay free.
About the Team
We are looking for no less than a new star to shine brightly in our innovative, friendly and open-minded team dedicated to bringing the entertainment to a higher level. Every team member is passionate about the project and committed to a common goal. You’ll be led by some of the best media and technology entrepreneurs. For instance, the Executive Chairman was the Chief Content Officer of Spotify, and the principal architect built the first Roku for Netflix.
It’s a world-class startup team that runs many experiments and solves real problems – you can be sure of that. Here no successful products are built without thorough tests. The development process is lean, agile, organic, non-GMO, all that stuff. You’d be not just an engineer but an entrepreneur with autonomy when it comes to the problem-solving process.
- Your primary focus, as a QA Automation Engineer, will be on testing and decision making.
- You also will communicate with the rest of the team (US and Ukraine) working on establishing procedures, validating releases and enforcing quality standards for the product
- You will provide development and maintenance of test plans, test cases and test automation systems covering all aspects of the software
We’re looking for a world-class Senior QA Automation engineer with strong computer science fundamentals, that can quickly pick up new technologies, that have a true passion for working on a fast-growing, consumer-facing product, that reaches millions of users.
- Hands-on experience with our stack: Java, Selenium, SQL, JMeter
- Experience with QA automation tools and platforms
- Automated testing development for web, mobile, video devices
- Experience with test automation including GUI testing
- Strong passion for learning and following industry best practices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good English communication skills and attitude to teamwork
Strong Core QA Skills:
- Strong QA methodology experience in an agile / scrum environment
- Strong experience organizing test approaches, test planning, and test documentation writing
- Exceptional User testing skills
Nice to Have Skills:
- Knowledge of Node.js to implement own solutions including tests
- Video experience
- Device experience (Connected TVs, Phones, Tablets, etc.)
Brightgrove is an industry-leading software development company with offices in Kyiv, Kharkiv, and Minsk. We build award-winning products that bring significant value, real results, and help our customers from a variety of industries to grow their businesses.
Our team currently consists of more than 350 people across different areas, passionate about technologies and software products. Although we work as multiple teams, use different platforms and languages, we all share the same goals and ideas of how to build things. We are a human-driven company!
What You Get With Us:
- Professional and career growth
- Warm and friendly working environment
- Comfortable and cozy office in the city center
- No corporate BS – we move too fast for that
- Competitive compensation depending on your experience and skills
- Opportunities to travel internationally and between our offices
- A chance to work with the latest modern technologies
- You’ll work with the remarkable teams from all over the world
- Working hours are flexible as long as you get the work done
- Awesome corporate culture and team building events
At Brightgrove, every expert is valued, involved, and essential for each part of our company. As with wine, great software is created by great people.