Senior QA Automation Engineer for Online TV Streaming Giant
About the customer
Founded in 2013, our client is a hugely popular, cutting-edge online streaming television company from California. This free broadcasting service provides millions of viewers with more than 100 exclusive live and original channels that users won’t find on local TV. The content is full of TV shows of all kinds, premium news, on-demand movies, cartoons, viral videos, sports, lifestyle and trending digital series. In a nutshell, there is literally everything you’d like to see on your screen – hand-picked by people who know and love the entertainment industry.
More so, they offer a free app that runs seamlessly on multiple mobile, web and various connected TV streaming devices. Well-known online giants The Verge, Venture Beat, and Vibe declared our customer as ‘awesome’. So, we can say for sure that our client is redefining the future of television.
About the project
One of the hottest startups in California is led by a team of highly-skilled and passionate entrepreneurs, alongside with the TV and technology executives. There is nothing but the high energy culture and the top-notch development team. Only the best of the best in the industry work for the platform’s owners. The project has investors from US Venture Partners, Chicago Ventures, Universal Music Group, and more. Millions of users across multiple platforms interact with their app on a daily basis.
Famous magazines like NY Times, Forbes, TechCrunch, Variety, USA Today, CNN and Mashable never miss the opportunity to write about one of the leading video streaming platforms in the industry. As of right now, the goal of the project is to transform the future of television by building the largest online TV service in the world, while continuing to stay free.
About the team
We are looking for no less than a new star to shine brightly in our innovative, friendly and open-minded team dedicated to bringing the entertainment to a higher level. Every team member is passionate about the project and committed to a common goal. You’ll be led by some of the best media and technology entrepreneurs. For instance, the Executive Chairman was the Chief Content Officer of Spotify, and principal architect built the first Roku for Netflix.
It’s a world-class startup team that runs many experiments and solves real problems – you can be sure of that. Here no successful products are built without thorough tests. The development process is lean, agile, organic, non-GMO, all that stuff. You’d be not just an engineer but an entrepreneur with autonomy when it comes to the problem-solving process.
At this project, we approach testing differently — we are testing, and breaking, code constantly, but we help rebuild it better. Software Test Engineers (STE) design TV’s testing infrastructure and write code to examine and validate large-scale software development and deployments. As an STE, you partner with software developers to create and code tests concurrently with product development. You build tools that help developers be more productive, write better code and test it themselves. Troubleshooting is an understatement; it’s more like trouble forecasting. The STE will also act as a representative of the Software Test Engineering Team in scrum meetings and provide input on how to provide better quality coverage for the applications supported.
- Work in an Agile Software Delivery methodology highly focused on developing automated tests within an iteration
- Work with the project team to drive Test Driven Development where modules that are being worked on are tested right away for immediate feedback
- Provide a risk assessment of the defects identified and set the correct priority and severity
- Automation is NOT the only mechanism for quality. As an STE, you are expected to perform ad-hoc/exploratory tests from a feature as well as regression testing
- Significant understanding of complex coding frameworks and applications such as Java, Node, Mobile and OTT
- Ability to develop and execute Performance Tests
- Mentoring of team members on the following competencies:
- Test Automation and STE Test Automation Standards
- Use of STE Unified Test Framework
- Application behavior and testing techniques
- Test coverage for application(s) supported.
- At least 5 years of experience in testing large scale multi-platform web based applications (web and mobile)
- Strong knowledge of software testing methods and approaches
- Good understanding of Java (including Java Core), OOP paradigm
- Experience with Junit & TestNG
- Experience with Page Object design pattern
- Experience in development automation test framework on Java from scratch
- Experience in testing web services APIs (SoapUI, Postman, Fiddler or other)
- Experience in testing mobile apps (Appium)
- Good knowledge of SQL/NoSQL type databases
- Skills in execution of Load, Performance tests using Jmeter or other testing tools
- CI: Jenkins configuration skills
- English – Upper-Intermediate
Nice to Have Skills
- Native App + OTT Testing Experience
- Video Content Delivery Experience
- Performance testing experience using commercial or open-source tools (JMeter, Curl, WebPageTest or other commercial perf testing tool)
- Testing experience in an Agile Software Development methodology
- Exposure to Agile Management tools such as Jira
- Experience working with native AWS
Brightgrove is an industry-leading software development company with offices in Kyiv, Kharkiv, and Minsk. We build award-winning products that bring significant value, real results, and help our customers from a variety of industries to grow their businesses.
Our team currently consists of more than 350 people across different areas, passionate about technologies and software products. Although we work as multiple teams, use different platforms and languages, we all share the same goals and ideas of how to build things. We are a human-driven company!
What You Get With Us:
- Professional and career growth
- Warm and friendly working environment
- Comfortable and cozy office in the city center
- No corporate BS – we move too fast for that
- Competitive compensation depending on your experience and skills
- Opportunities to travel internationally and between our offices
- A chance to work with the latest modern technologies
- You’ll work with the remarkable teams from all over the world
- Working hours are flexible as long as you get the work done
- Awesome corporate culture and team building events
At Brightgrove, every expert is valued, involved, and essential for each part of our company. As with wine, great software is created by great people.