Senior Ruby Developer for Global Hotel Solutions Provider
About the Client
Our partner is a well-established, leading hospitality solutions brand from Germany with a worldwide network. Being one of the global market giants in the business travel industry, the company provides various top-grade hotel management portals. Their solutions simplify the booking and management processes equally for corporates, travel managers, and travelers.
About the Project
We are looking for a dedicated Ruby Backend Engineer for the Payments Domain of a leader in B2B Hospitality Services to provide technical execution expertise.
About the Team
Full-fledged end to end delivery team. You will have the opportunity to work on the Scrum team.
Responsibilities and Skills
- Design, Development, and Validation of server-side software-based on key-stakeholder, team, and platform requirements
- Collaboration with Engineers, Architects, QA, & Management for the design, documentation, and validation of service components, APIs, and processes so as to champion Software Engineering best-practices Mentorship & Steering of Junior Developers and peers
- Close work with DevOps, QA, & Managers to facilitate the continuous release of new software via CI/CD tools along with related quality controls
- Working closely with Project Managers and external integration partners (or service providers) to clearly define interface contracts and deliver on an end-to-end solution
- Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills (including Team management/collaboration skills)
- Ruby / Rails within a microservice or micro-function context (familiarity with Containerization concepts via Docker or Serverless execution via AWS Lambda is a plus)
- 2+ years experience designing and developing scalable microservices (including distributed logging, data storage, caching, and authentication/authorization)
- 2+ years experience developing applications using Rails or similar frameworks, including ETL Transformations, REST specifications, and both synchronous/asynchronous job execution
- Strong Experience in the usage of SQL & NoSQL-based Data Storage systems – e.g. PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, REDIS, etc.
- Affinity for running services & applications in the cloud – ideally within the AWS ecosystem and for utilizing modern platform solutions (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Keenness on Team Collaboration via Agile Methodology Toolsets – JIRA Workflows, Task Planning, Daily Standups, etc.
Will be a big plus: