Senior Ruby Developer for Online Catering Service
About the customer
Our client operates a platform that books catering services in Germany and internationally. The company offers catering, a curated marketplace for caterers around bringing people together who share the love for food. The company’s platform allows customers to book caterers, food trucks and private chefs online for their events in the area. The company was founded in 2015 and is based in Berlin, Germany.
About the project
The project is a global curated marketplace for the best and coolest caterers around. The platform brings together people who share their love for great food. They provide an easy way to bring together people looking for the perfect food for their event and caterers who prepare food we believe in.
As a customer, you can find the right caterer for any occasion – anyplace, anytime.
As a caterer, you can offer customized culinary highlights – anyplace, anytime.
With this product, they digitize the traditional catering business, support caterers in daily work and simplify the way businesses book catering services.
About the team
It’s an open-hearted team, which support each other from day to day. They love diversity but share a common set of values. Being part of this team means sharing passion and motivation to build a great product, make customers happy and create a place where you love to work. The team consists of 7 members on the German side and 4 members on the Ukrainian side.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Integrate our system with payment and ordering services
- Take care of error handling and fixing real bugs on production
- Follow best practices (e.g. test-driven development, refactoring and continuous integration to ensure high code quality and fast deployment)
- Communicate on a daily basis with the team
- A passion to build a great product & be successful with that product in the market
- An extensive track record (3-5 years) as a Software Developer and ideally familiarity with marketplaces
- A passion for scrum and agile software development methodologies
- A sense of urgency, pragmatism and a solution-oriented approach to problem-solving
- A solid grasp of object-oriented programming, automated software testing, databases, development and testing methodologies
- Enthusiasm for excellence and a strong “hands-on” attitude
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English
Nice to Have Skills:
- Working experience with Salesforce API
Brightgrove is an industry-leading software company with offices in Kyiv, Kharkiv, and Minsk. We build award-winning products that bring significant value, generate an inspiring result, and help our clients succeed. Our key industries include Retail, Manufacturing, Energy, ISV & Marketing Agencies, Medicine, Online TV broadcasting and many more.
Our development team currently counts more than 350 people across different accounts, organized around technologies and products. Although we work in multiple teams, on different platforms, and in various languages, we all share the same goal and idea of how to build things.
What You Get with Us:
- Very warm and friendly working environment
- Professional and career growth
- No corporate BS – we’re moving too fast for that
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Opportunities to travel international and between our offices
- Working with the latest technologies
- Good opportunities to work with remarkable teams from all over the world
- Flexible working hours – as long as you get the work done
- Comfortable and cozy office in the city center
- Awesome corporate events
At Brightgrove developers are integrated, involved, and essential to each part of our company. As with wine, great software is created by great people.