Tech Lead Java for Medical AI System
About the Client
Our customer envisions a world where everyone has access to the healthcare they need. In one of the biggest challenges facing the world, we pioneered a new form of artificial intelligence, combining medical knowledge with intelligent technology to empower millions of people to better understand their health. We’re proud to support medical doctors and work with leading health systems and global non-profit organizations. We’re a diversely skilled team representing 45 nationalities, and we’re growing rapidly to achieve our global ambitions for the future of health.
About the Project
We are looking for a Software Engineer (Java) to join our engineering team focusing on microservice architecture to serve medical intelligence to our clients. The role is remote friendly, with the company headquarters being based in Berlin. Our current tech stack includes Kotlin, Spring Boot, Python, NoSQL, Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform.
About the Team
As a Software Engineer, you will work in a cross-functional distributed delivery project team of 4-7 Software Engineers to cooperatively bring the core of our solutions to the next level.
Responsibilities and Skills
- You will be responsible for extending and maintaining microservices landscape and will focus on domain logic, persistence, service to service communication and security to allow for performant and scalable software architecture.
- You will be responsible for writing tests and working closely with DevOps engineers to make a cloud infrastructure decision.
- Implementing domain logic on the service layer will be your core responsibility. There are
always opportunities to influence decisions, support other engineers within your team and
work across the full stack.
- You contribute ideas for new features and identify areas for improvement proactively.
- Developing and implementing new and scalable backend applications are parts of your
- You will be a part of code reviews and design reviews to ensure a high quality of the product.
- Teaching, sharing, communicating and documenting are part of your daily tasks.
- Your working ethos and communication style serve as an example for those around you.
- You have a strong background in Java backend development and APIs. Being experienced with Python and understanding Kotlin is a bonus.
- You’ve developed, deployed & monitored cloud applications (AWS or GCP) used by users.
- You bring the experience of scalable software architectures and modern software tools.
- You are proficient in writing tests and insist on high software quality.
- You have expertise in Agile development practices.
- You are always seeking to improve yourself, new possibilities tempt you, and you don’t hesitate to experiment.
- You understand that speed of action is critical for success.
- You’re interested in building towards the long-term vision of our customer and will happily step up, where help is needed, to realise this vision.
- You are fluent in English, spoken and written.